Rachel Atherton (Injured) Road Training

betta285

damn man, that's such a shame. Glad she wasn't seriously injured though. She'll still kick ass this season, regardless.

Jim

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
I hope she heals up quick- it's an unfortunate accident and it's a wonder she didn't get injured worse than she did.

I think she has to share a little blame for the accident though- riding against traffic. And on top of that she wasn't wearing a helmet- not the smartest or safest series of choices.

But still, no one deserves to get hit by a car, and the driver should have seen her. Heal up quick Rachel!

don

Hope she heels quickly. Like jb said - some blame in what she was doing.

There has been some pretty cool coverage of the Atherons in Dirt mag. That family got some very good bike handling genes.

Ibis97

Happy Now?
I read the article and it sounds like she was at fault riding on the wrong side of the road with no helmet!!!! sheesh!!!! kids:hmmm:

Glad she is okay but sounds like she was very lucky not to be dead.

I prefer to stay in the woods, trees don't move!;)

MST.ESQ

The pics make it look like her forehead and noggin were spared so maybe she took the helmet off before the picture was taken.

Scary either way. Hope she heals up fast...

lmckee

I think she has to share a little blame for the accident though- riding against traffic. And on top of that she wasn't wearing a helmet- not the smartest or safest series of choices.

On top of that she said she was listening to AC/DC which puts me under the impression that she had an ipod on also.

RNG1

On top of that she said she was listening to AC/DC which puts me under the impression that she had an ipod on also.

I sure hope she had an ipod on because if she is trying to make a claim that somehow AC/DC was speaking to her and telling her to ride against traffic with no helmet I will be pissed.

I know, I know it is no joking matter....

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I sure hope she had an ipod on because if she is trying to make a claim that somehow AC/DC was speaking to her and telling her to ride against traffic with no helmet I will be pissed.

actually we can joke about it just plain fine because no one was seriously hurt. and because as much as i respect rach's abilities she was dumb fuckin stupid.

lmckee

It's pretty obvious that she was listening to "highway to hell"...

Top Bottom