Races for newbies?

D

DANSPANK

Hi All,

We have a sports team in our office and a number of people have expressed an interest in riding in some races next year. Can anyone make any recomendations and guess the months for races that would suit people new to racing.

I would say that their biking capabilities would be new to intermediate.

Thanks for the info!

heythorp

the "easiest" parks around(northern NJ) that race are LM and KVSP.
not technical terrain. While lots of climbing at LM not too many rocks or roots to deal with. Plus you have a whole year to get them into shape

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Yes, KVSP and LM are probably the easiest local races in terms of technical riding. Although these races will usually favor a fitness type of rider. So, anyone that likes technical riding may enjoy other races as well. I say "just go for it" when they are ready is the best way to do it. It can be a lot of fun and a great way to meet more riders your own level.

I expect the Campmor h2h series to be similar to last year. It is posted on campmor.com

pixy

xc62701

DANSPANK said:
Hi All,

We have a sports team in our office and a number of people have expressed an interest in riding in some races next year. Can anyone make any recomendations and guess the months for races that would suit people new to racing.

I would say that their biking capabilities would be new to intermediate.

Thanks for the info!

Like the others have said the campmor series really gives a diverse bunch of courses to try. Everything from smooth rolling courses where legs and lungs will prevail and other courses where technical ability will help you shine. The best advice I can give is keep and open mind and just give it a shot at the race of your choice. The hardest part...like most things...is getting started. But just a warning, once you try it you might be hooked!!!

Ryan H.

Shaggz

A strong 7
as previously posted, the darkness 909 race this fall is GREAT, even for beginner racers, but the catch is you need lights

Top Bottom