Racers opinions please !

I agree with the 2 intelligent ladies above. Being able to pre-ride the course a week in advance is very helpful. I like to get the full 2 loops in, the first at a cooler pace the next at a warmer pace. Doing a full race cycle the day before a race is too much so the best you can get in is 1 lap. Also, for a place like Tymor, you may be able to drive up on back-to-back weekends but not back-to-back days.

Thanks Ladies and Norm. This is the kind of feedback I'm looking for.

My thoughts are the same as yours, but I like to make sure. :)

Pre riding

Last year I pre rode most every event the week before the race. Since my boyfriend lives in NY State I would simply drive north on RT. 287. Most of our H2H events were close to RT. 287 or RT. 87 in NY State. Most times I would ride the week prior, on one occasion I rode the day before at the Rumble in the Jungle. It was a chilly day, I had seen a few friends and they told me which way the course went. As usual I got lost for over an hour, even though the trail was so called marked out (spin me around and I'm lost too) :p Well I rode easy to moderate that day and wound up winning my class by over 4 minutes. I feel riding the course the day prior kept the sections more fresh in my mind. It could also have been an adrenline thing too. If you guys would like to ride the week prior as well count me in. Although some of the events are not marked out till the day before ... Lewis Morris was one.
Happy Holidays to all,
Christina ...

Back
Top Bottom