Raceface Northshore XS Crank Parts

pkovo

Probably a longshot, but does anyone know where I can source one of the chainring tab insert things for these cranks? They are an odd design. The tabs for the big chainring (94bcd I think) are essentially plugs, that are held in with the small chainring bolts. These are off an old bike that's been setup for trials and had a bashring in place of the big chainring. I'm using it for BMX and want to put a big ring on, but when I took the bash off one of these tabs where the chainring bolts on is cracked.

LBS didn't have a lead on them. My internet search has turned up nada as well. Emails to Raceface unanswered. I have some other even older cranks I could use, but would love to just stick with these if at all possible.

Any leads or info appreciated. Pictures since my description isn't very good.

northshore xs.jpg

pkovo

Aluminum. When I was in the bike shop today someone suggested the same, and it probably would be. Just seems like there should be spares out there somewhere, but these things are pretty old.

jklett

Aluminum. When I was in the bike shop today someone suggested the same, and it probably would be. Just seems like there should be spares out there somewhere, but these things are pretty old.
I'm by 6MR, if you can get me one of the unbroken ones I can take measurements and see what I can do. It just wouldn't be anodized but nothing a sharpie wouldn't fix.

pkovo

I'm by 6MR, if you can get me one of the unbroken ones I can take measurements and see what I can do. It just wouldn't be anodized but nothing a sharpie wouldn't fix.

Man that's super cool of you, thanks! If I continue to strike out on a replacement, I may take you up on that offer.

serviceguy

If you go that route I would make a bunch of those, once you get the process down.

Top Bottom