Race day backpack?

I'm a 2 water bottle kinda of guy, though on real hot day I'll slip one of my less than pristine (i.e. disposable) bottles into my jersey pocket with the intention of killing it quickly and dropping it at the feed zone. With the amount of people we have racing off of this forum we should organize a feed zone support crew. A couple of volunteers who are either done racing or not racing to hand out water bottles and gel packs in a pre determined area of each course.
I also carry a sram gold link, compact mini tool, tube and co2 inflator, 1 extra co2 cartridge and some duct tape wrapped around the seat post. The tube, link and co2 stuff fit very snug in a Pedros medium size seat bag.
For the VT 50 this year I'll run with 2 bottles, and 1 gel flask, which holds the equivalent of 11 Cliff shots, and a handful of Ecaps, and Motrin.

P.S. I always check the condition of my seat pack before every race, they have a tendency of s***ing the bed at the most inconvenient times. I also take the little zipper pull tag thing and wrap inside of the velcro septets strap, so it won't open up accidentally while racing.

i'm ditching the seatbag for racing. i figured out a way to bundle my tube, 2 co2 cartridges, and a 5/6 allen wrench into a really compact package, tied with a small piece of parachord, that will fit nicely in my jersey pocket. we'll see how that works. i may eventually go to the combo strapped under the seat method if the bouncing jersey bugs me too much.

like Kris, on longer rides i put a third bottle in my center jersey pocket. haven't needed it for racing yet, but i haven't been out doing races with 20+ miles between aid stations like he has. sicko. :D

With the amount of people we have racing off of this forum we should organize a feed zone support crew. A couple of volunteers who are either done racing or not racing to hand out water bottles and gel packs in a pre determined area of each course.

Don't you have team guys doing this for you? I thought for sure you would have a little pit area set up. For that matter make sure the guys in the woods have various thing like extra tube, a few gu shots, 6 or 12 PBRs - standard race essentials.

i wouldn't say no to a pbr at the top of that damned fireroad climb..you would be surprised norm. at hidden valley last year, maybe a handful of experts and pros had people handing the stuff to them. most just had their stuff in plastic shopping bags on the one ski lift we rode through, and stopped really quick to switch out.

Back
Top Bottom