Question: Kids Bike Tracks in NNJ/CNJ

chrisknj

Hi all,

My daughter (6 yo) has started riding and she is getting pretty good on her dirt bike. When I was visiting VA, I found a bike track that somebody created in one of their state parks. It was a small area with berms, jumps, curves, etc. Unfortunately I live in NNJ (Morris County).

Does anybody know of any places with some interesting course like this? I know the boy scouts have a mountain bike course with boards, etc. Aside from creating my own, I was hoping somebody knew of one somewhere?

Thanks in advance!

Mathers

I take my son who is 7 to 6 Mile and Allaire. You can keep it pretty flat for them in those places. He would ride them on his dirt bike last year.
There is also a pump track in High Bridge that would be good.

iman29

I have not been there myself but everyone raves about the West Milford pump track especially for the younger kids. totally volunteer maintained and there is a FB group all about it too.

You just need to be aware of the weather in that area and when its open/closed because mud riding damages the track.

chrisknj

Thanks, the "pump track" I believe is what I'm looking for. We have done flat trails like Columbia trail which is close by, but thought we might shake it up a bit with something like this. Thanks again!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Thanks, the "pump track" I believe is what I'm looking for. We have done flat trails like Columbia trail which is close by, but thought we might shake it up a bit with something like this. Thanks again!

The High Bridge pump track is at the western end of the Columbia Trail - if that helps with the decision process.
Also decent food/bevs in town.

Post up some pics! We love kids on bikes.

chrisknj

Ok, I spent 3 trips trying to find this pump track in High Bridge. I met up with a lot of people who tell me they have lived in that area for many years and never heard of it. My GPS didn't help. All of the articles I found never say exactly where to go.

I found some biking trails but they were WAAAAY to difficult for my daughter. A little blood was shed but she's good.

Can somebody tell me if this place actually exists and how to get there?

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok, I spent 3 trips trying to find this pump track in High Bridge. I met up with a lot of people who tell me they have lived in that area for many years and never heard of it. My GPS didn't help. All of the articles I found never say exactly where to go.

I found some biking trails but they were WAAAAY to difficult for my daughter. A little blood was shed but she's good.

Can somebody tell me if this place actually exists and how to get there?

chrisknj

Thank you! I'll give it another try. Satellite photo doesn't look promising but I'm hoping it's just outdated.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thank you! I'll give it another try. Satellite photo doesn't look promising but I'm hoping it's just outdated.
the pin is in the right place. I've been there. The flow tails are past/behind the pump track, if you want to check that out also. The parking lot there gets packed on the weekends.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
It kinda looks like you're riding into the dump and then it'son the Right. It's not super obvious.

qclabrat

If you're near Bedminster, there's a small area by the AT&T off Rt206. I spotted them when I was fishing on the North Branch. Its a tad north of the AT&T bridge. Park in the police lot then ride southward on the paved trail. In that direction you can also get to River Rd Park and further down is Burnt Mills Rd Park.

chrisknj

Found it! It's an interesting little place. My immediate reaction was, "huh, is that it?" but it was fun. The flow trails are pretty cool behind the track and worth the trip out there. It was a little above my 6 year old's skill level, but that didn't stop her from trying it out anyway. Thanks all.

Top Bottom