Question for the Strava Guru's

ekuhn

Question for the Strava Gurus out there

I created a segment for a typical road loop that I do. Is it possible to compare on which rides within that loop my fastest or slowest? Sort of like the leader board but just of my own rides? It only gives me the fastest now as i'm 1 of 1.

I created a segment for a typical road loop that I do. Is it possible to compare on which rides within that loop my fastest or slowest? Sort of like the leader board but just of my own rides? It only gives me the fastest now as i'm 1 of 1.
Also, I think it defaults segments to private unless you uncheck the box.

And you'll be 1 of 1 for an hour or so as it populates other's data. What's it called?

What’s going on with the numbers?

I think my calories burned and power numbers are wayyy off. Did a ride with a a few peeps and compared. For some reason I’m doubled up on calories expended and power.

I really can give two ducks about the power; just curious as to why such a difference. But I would like the calories to have a smaller margin of error.

Maybe weight of both rider and the bike?
I listed the weight of my bikes and I think strava says I burn more calories and exert more power when on the heavier bike

My understanding is the watts and calorie numbers are calculated estimates with something crazy like a 20% +/- variable. If you pair the system with a power meter the accuracy will improve.

What’s going on with the numbers?

I think my calories burned and power numbers are wayyy off. Did a ride with a a few peeps and compared. For some reason I’m doubled up on calories expended and power.

I really can give two ducks about the power; just curious as to why such a difference. But I would like the calories to have a smaller margin of error.
Are you using a heart rate monitor or power meter?

I don’t wear anything . Though I mentioned power in my previous post it was just a throw in to the calories question. It just seems a bit high imo
It probably is, given the program is working off some estimated variables.

I don’t wear anything .....

i'l just leave that there to stew a bit.

i figure it goes something like this:

they estimate (unless ya have a power meter) the energy (joules) used to move the person+bike, then back it out to calories (which is a unit of energy)

HR helps to figure out how efficient you are at turning stored calories into energy.

i'l just leave that there to stew a bit.

i figure it goes something like this:

they estimate (unless ya have a power meter) the energy (joules) used to move the person+bike, then back it out to calories (which is a unit of energy)

HR helps to figure out how efficient you are at turning stored calories into energy.

Thanks Pat.

In June my biggest climb is 8 feet. Come on now!!!

Back
Top Bottom