Question for the DH experts

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok so I know nothing about DH bikes other than they look like smaller versions of my CRF 450 honda. A friend of mine who I ride MX with wants to sell me his DH bike and I dont know if its worth it. Its a 2002 Norco A-line. what I know about it is that it has marzocchi bomber Super T forks and a fox vanilla RC rear shock. It looks like its in good shape. What would you guys pay for something like this?

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thats cool. What are the other "money" components on a DH bike? Other than perhaps the brakes. Just curious.

NJMX835

That's more of a freeride bike, but it's a good starter bike, I wouldn't pay more than 1k for it.

What kind of brakes, cranks, & wheels are on it?

I think that was a good year for the Super T, can't remember for sure though.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
From what I saw, I know it has hyd discs with huge rotors, but I didnt look at what kind they are. The cranks are FSA x-treme something....They have some sort of slide with numbers on it, look like they slide up and down or somthing like that. I noticed that the hubs were azonic, just caught my attention since azonic used to at one time make MX gear. I also know it has 26x2.5" tires on it.

I figured it was more of a freeride, than DH bike after reading up on the forks a little. I have never tried DH, other than on my MX bike or my real crappy Raliegh hard tail. Im pretty sure I would have some fun with it. However, I can get it cheap, less than $1000.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
If your in Sparta and think you might want to get into some DH trail riding, maybe ask your friend if you can take the bike to Diablo for a few runs. It's real similar to riding a dirt bike, you might have alot of fun.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ya I have been looking to try diablo sometime. Actually the old ski hill in Jefferson, behind the high school is pretty fun, minus the no chairlift part.

I will probably get to ride it next week. If its in good working order maybe I will buy it. If I dont use it im pretty sure I could get my money back or part it out for what he wants for it.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So I decided to buy it. He gave it to me for such a deal I could not resist. Since I had it on the car yesterday, I tried it out at kittitiny. Pretty cool so far. Im going to try and head up to diablo with it soon to give it a real test.

Top Bottom