Question for the DH experts

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok so I know nothing about DH bikes other than they look like smaller versions of my CRF 450 honda. A friend of mine who I ride MX with wants to sell me his DH bike and I dont know if its worth it. Its a 2002 Norco A-line. what I know about it is that it has marzocchi bomber Super T forks and a fox vanilla RC rear shock. It looks like its in good shape. What would you guys pay for something like this?

Thats cool. What are the other "money" components on a DH bike? Other than perhaps the brakes. Just curious.

That's more of a freeride bike, but it's a good starter bike, I wouldn't pay more than 1k for it.

What kind of brakes, cranks, & wheels are on it?

I think that was a good year for the Super T, can't remember for sure though.

From what I saw, I know it has hyd discs with huge rotors, but I didnt look at what kind they are. The cranks are FSA x-treme something....They have some sort of slide with numbers on it, look like they slide up and down or somthing like that. I noticed that the hubs were azonic, just caught my attention since azonic used to at one time make MX gear. I also know it has 26x2.5" tires on it.

I figured it was more of a freeride, than DH bike after reading up on the forks a little. I have never tried DH, other than on my MX bike or my real crappy Raliegh hard tail. Im pretty sure I would have some fun with it. However, I can get it cheap, less than $1000.

If your in Sparta and think you might want to get into some DH trail riding, maybe ask your friend if you can take the bike to Diablo for a few runs. It's real similar to riding a dirt bike, you might have alot of fun.

Ya I have been looking to try diablo sometime. Actually the old ski hill in Jefferson, behind the high school is pretty fun, minus the no chairlift part.

I will probably get to ride it next week. If its in good working order maybe I will buy it. If I dont use it im pretty sure I could get my money back or part it out for what he wants for it.

So I decided to buy it. He gave it to me for such a deal I could not resist. Since I had it on the car yesterday, I tried it out at kittitiny. Pretty cool so far. Im going to try and head up to diablo with it soon to give it a real test.

Back
Top Bottom