Question for power dorks

rick81721

Lothar
What is the relevance of L/R torque effectiveness and L/R pedal smoothness? On both my road bikes with power meters, L is higher than R in both metrics. And comparing the evo with an oval chainring to the system6 without, the numbers of both are higher on the evo/oval chainring.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
The Oval will read higher. The peak watts at the oval part of the ring is higher and will affect the overall number.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
l/r is just giving you the balance, or which leg is stronger. IMO not helpful for general use unless there is a large discrepancy, definitely useful if recovering from a leg injury (broken leg ect) where you cannot use the leg for an extended period to measure.

effectiveness is basically how much power is being spent to push you forward, (the loss going to push your foot back up on the backside (watch the numbers and practice push/pull pedaling, effectiveness goes to 100)

smoothness is a measure of avg power vs max power, i agree that the oval would spike this number.

ill share what my numbers are, but keep in mind i dont really do anything with them.

my balance is 48/52
effectiveness is 79/78
smoothness is 24/23

rick81721

Lothar
l/r is just giving you the balance, or which leg is stronger. IMO not helpful for general use unless there is a large discrepancy, definitely useful if recovering from a leg injury (broken leg ect) where you cannot use the leg for an extended period to measure.

effectiveness is basically how much power is being spent to push you forward, (the loss going to push your foot back up on the backside (watch the numbers and practice push/pull pedaling, effectiveness goes to 100)

smoothness is a measure of avg power vs max power, i agree that the oval would spike this number.

ill share what my numbers are, but keep in mind i dont really do anything with them.

my balance is 48/52
effectiveness is 79/78
smoothness is 24/23

Where do you see balance? Doesn't show for me in either strava or garmin connect. I'm seeing:

Evo

effectiveness - 84/74
smoothness - 35/29

Sys6

effectiveness - 75/65
smoothness - 20/16

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
its in garmin connect. (or on your garmin) do you sync it through you phone? its a line in connect right above the other two.

strava doesnt show any of the pedaling dynamics.

Screenshot_20200115-133031_Connect.jpg

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
i would assume yes since you get the efectiveness and smoothness, but does wahoo support cycling dynamics?

Top Bottom