Question about Hitch Mounted Bike Racks

RonC

ZGOZZ Macman
Ok here this goes.
I have this rack right now. Well something like it T-Rax Sport.
Is this bike rack fine for the bike I am getting?:confused:

I was reading on FS bike it might not be good..

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
if you are asking about the bike geometry of a FS and not being able to put it on the rack u have.:hmmm::confused:

u can always get a cross bar adaptor like this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000BT0Z9Q
3197DRBG6ZL._AA280_.jpg

spindoctor

Shop: Allendale Cycle
Shop Keep

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I have not found a better way to transport my bikes than a Thule T2.

They are expensive and they are good.:popcorn:

al415

Banned
I bought a Yakima holdup from syadasti. It's a similar design to the Thule T2. Though it seems to lack some of the adjustability of the Thule, I am very happy with its fit and function. I believe syadasti had both the holdup and T2 at one point, not sure which her preferred, and I reckon you'd be splitting hairs anyway. I doubt I'll use a roof rack again.

RonC

ZGOZZ Macman
Be aware that the Saris model pictured above was just recalled. If that is the unit that anyone has, please check with them immediately. We don't need to see the tragedy of someone's dualie bouncing down the highway...

Were is the recall notice?

al415

Banned
Yup, I bought his T2. I love the thing.

(threadjack alert) Did you get a ten minute block of instruction on how to use it? I did, and drove straight to upstate NY with the rack on the back. I was thankful for the instructions the next day when I noticed it's quite a complex set-up.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
(threadjack alert) Did you get a ten minute block of instruction on how to use it? I did, and drove straight to upstate NY with the rack on the back. I was thankful for the instructions the next day when I noticed it's quite a complex set-up.

huh??

This thing is cake to use and setup..

Wobbegong

No. The T2 requires next to zero thought to use.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I used to have a T2 and thought it was great and very easy to use. It was just too heavy for my little go-cart car so I had to downsize to a much crappier Saris rack:(

-Jim.

RonC

ZGOZZ Macman
I have not found a better way to transport my bikes than a Thule T2.

They are expensive and they are good.:popcorn:

Ok do you have them in stock at your shop? All most lost both bikes on the road today...:mad:

RonC

ZGOZZ Macman
Got the rack from Halters today.

Toyota was not thinking when the design the hitch, it sit to far in.
The new bike rack fits, but I can not fold up, half to inch all I need.
Spar is in the way and the part i was using for the old rack will not work for this one.

So does anybody now locally where I can get a Hitch Extension and 2" x 2" Receiver.

mwlikesbikes

Maybe you can find what you need at a U-Haul place. I would imagine they could at least steer you in the right direction.

RonC

ZGOZZ Macman
There maybe someone in local. I bought my other hitch from etrailer. Worst case i can go there. Jay gave me an idea to shave a little of the wheel tray that's hitting the spare. :hmmm:

Top Bottom