Qualified for National Championships

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Incase you were wondering if you are qualified yet, here is a list of some of the NJ Ladies qualified for Mt Snow already:

Experts:
Laura Winberry
Ellen Serruto
Jess Hoeverman
Wendi Sabastian
Ellen White

Sports:
Marianne Santangelo
Gerilynn Swede
Eileen Dalton
Jocelyn Linscott
Jen Bardon
Christina Chambers
Lynn Stickle
Nadine Dalesandro
Heather Kahl
Diana Hulboy

There may be more too. I just took a quick look. I hope some of you may consider racing. It is a great experience and it is not always semi-local or on the east coast. For more information:

http://www.usacycling.org/events/2008/mtbnationals/

Last edited:

Shaggz

A strong 7
congrats to all who qualified! it's great to see two members of the mtbNJ.com team in that list :)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I wouldn't miss it. Brutal course but great atmosphere after the race!

How brutal is brutal? Allamuchy brutal? How long are the laps? Now I'm thinking to maybe give it a shot.

Oh and the OP forgot one qualifying name:

Ellen White

:)

N

Neen

ah, okay, I was very surprised to not see that name on the original list!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
How brutal is brutal? Allamuchy brutal? How long are the laps? Now I'm thinking to maybe give it a shot.

Not to skew the ladies forum, but you should go Norm, it's TONS of fun:D I've only actually competed as a trials rider (which I may "un-retire" this year and do again)...Maybe we could start a thread in the Rides and Races section to discuss those who may be interested, I'm already in...

-Jim.

NJ Jess

Too much fun

It's too cool of a bike weekend to miss. Mt Snow has its own race series in XC, DH, DS, and SD,..so there will be some talented people to race.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
How brutal is brutal? Allamuchy brutal?

Take the rain from Allamuchy, all of the climbing and shorten the lap to about 6 miles. The downhill section of the XC course was sick. There were multiple drops of 2 + feet and a section that you could get close to 30 MPH.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG

Oh and the OP forgot one qualifying name:

Ellen White

:)

ooops :cool:, how easy it is to forget yourself. Plus I know I'm going. Just trying to encourage our awesome female NJ racers to represent!

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Not to skew the ladies forum, but you should go Norm, it's TONS of fun:D I've only actually competed as a trials rider (which I may "un-retire" this year and do again)...Maybe we could start a thread in the Rides and Races section to discuss those who may be interested, I'm already in...

-Jim.

no problem, men should go too. Starting a new post is a great idea.

ps - the course is not that bad, but the competition in the expert/pro men's classes is as tough as it gets.:getsome:

A

*alyssa*

If I want to go, can I get a US cycling liscence (is that what it's called) whenever or do I already have to have it. The course sounds a little intense for me and it's pretty far but it's a long time away so who knows.

chxracer

nationals

I am thinking about combining a vacation with a National at Brian Head, Utah (NMBS #5)
my concern is the elevation of 11,000 feet. How much will the elevation effect me if I just show up a couple of days before the race?

Thanks for any input

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Common practice says that unless you can get there well in advance, as in 3 weeks, you're better off just showing up a day before and racing. Apparently if you show up 5 days before you'll perform about as bad as you can.

I have no experience here!!!!

You may want to PM RyderX about this. He's raced Leadville so he might be able to help.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
I am thinking about combining a vacation with a National at Brian Head, Utah (NMBS #5)
my concern is the elevation of 11,000 feet. How much will the elevation effect me if I just show up a couple of days before the race?

Thanks for any input

I have done that race a few years back and the elevation is very high. Different people are effected by elelvation diferently. I personally prefer a full week prior to acclimate. I try to hydrate well and eat well during acclimation. I use iron suppliments during that time as well. I wore a heartrate monitor for all riding. I found that although I felt I was going to die from not being able to breath, my heartrate was not up very high. The longer I rode the easier it was to get it up and breath. That was the only race I beat the woman who won the series that year. I arrived 5 days before and she 3.

Beautifull area to ride! :) Make sure you ride Thunder Mt and see Bryce if you have not been there.

Top Bottom