Purchased $1K carbon wheels for a bike that doesn’t yet exist.

You are ...

• A genius. Let’s hope your wife doesn’t find out!

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • That was dumb. Let me know when you’re ready to sell me the wheels.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Risky but sometimes ya just gotta say f%#$ it. Good luck!

Votes: 21 51.2%

• Total voters

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Saw a killer deal on a set of Mavic carbon 29er boost wheels so I grabbed them. The thing is, I don’t own a 29er. :oops: Not yet at least. :cool:

I’ve been eyeing the 2020 Norco Optic and have been obsessed with their sweet new purple frame. I’m using this wheel purchase as a push to tighten the belt and start saving for my dream bike.

Tell me I made the right decision. Right? This is smart and totally not an impulsive move... right?
:oops:

Screenshot_20191126-231526.png

The jury has spoken

LOL. That came out wrong. What I meant to say is that I’m going to build a sweet ass rig at a BARGAIN price. I’m going to accomplished this by taking my time and cherry picking parts ...closeout deals, eBay bargains, lightly used parts for sale on various forums, etc. The budget is around $5K. No kidneys will need to be sold. :D

Last edited:
Saw a killer deal on a set of Mavic carbon 29er boost wheels so I grabbed them. The thing is, I don’t own a 29er. :oops: Not yet at least. :cool:

I’ve been eyeing the 2020 Norco Optic and have been obsessed with their sweet new purple frame. I’m using this wheel purchase as a push to tighten the belt and start saving for my dream bike.

Tell me I made the right decision. Right? This is smart and totally not an impulsive move... right?
:oops:
If you have not joined OOS yet, please do so immediately.

Nothing wrong with this. In fact it's my plan with the Jorba silent auction - bid on the SC reserve carbon wheelset for a new Tallboy planning to get next year.

you just shillin'
:D

Back
Top Bottom