pump track design plans?

don

Dave - best of luck with it. I think the HighBridge / Cunningham parks are great models that are pretty close by. There is a great bike park that includes a pump track up in Stowe that I can get information on if you want. I would think having a nicely laid out plan will help but also being able to show the board - well these towns have done it and here are the pluses and minuses (keeping the minuses to maintenance and such).

don

You must build, they will come. Just get a group of people together with similar interests and start building. I build by myself sometimes and it gets boring and seems like I get no where.

Those are some great links - I'll probably redo my backyard zone and have been looking for ideas so thanks for the links.

I thought that one mtbr.com link with the mini excuvator was funny in that it had all that machinary for that small track. I love running a tractor as much as the other guy but for smaller jobs, I think doing that by hand would have been easier. A few diggers that know what they are doing would be able to get a pump track like that dialed in a couple days.

I'm the opposite - doesn't get boring for me. The peace and quiet is nice and moving dirt is cheaper than professional therapy :)

walter

Fourth Party
Hey Dave, I just sent an email to a friend of mine who I think had a part in the design of the park in Sayreville. If you see my avatar at that spot a lot its because the NJ skate shop are the local supporters. The owners are old school dudes like us that kept on it since they were in HS, opened a business and pushed and pushed until they got a spot for the kids to skate/ride legally.

My wife's dad is also a local politician so I can ask him the basics of getting something like this going.

I'll hit you up when I hear something.

don

Attachments

• Drawing_5_HiDef.jpg
    Drawing_5_HiDef.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 356

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i emailed them a proposal earlier in the week. it's all in the township's hands right now... if anything comes out of it (good or bad), i'll forward it along.

as far as the proposal goes thanks for everyone's help sending me the links and pics - especially bobw and mergs. it really helped out a ton.

Glancing Aft

When jealousy kicks in...

VBP%20Rendering_2.jpg

My friend lives in the development you see on the left side of the map. The part that gets me the most is that he doesn't really MTB, just rides a fixie. Oh well, I'll be visiting him when it's done...

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
I should have chimed in earlier, but if you need pics of young kids enjoying beginner jumps and the pump track, we have plenty.

Just completed our most recent project this morning- on-site tool storage.

Steve drilling holes for the bolts
web.jpg

Ross, Rob and Simon posing
web.jpg

Rob removing the brand lettering
web.jpg

Top Bottom