PSA- Skills Clinic Returns High Bridge 7/17 and 7/18

NJ Gator

Hi All!

Patrick Carey is returning to High Bridge on July 17th and 18th for a few more clinics.

I participated in one of his sessions back in June and I personally got a lot out of it- I am now very focused on body position, cornering, braking and climbing more so then ever. I feel much more proactive than reactive. I am considering doing some 1:1 coaching to get my nemesis, the elusive j-hop, conquered.

I figured I would pass along- not affiliated with Patrick but I am a fan of the Ride Logic process.

Any questions feel free to ping me- I am happy to answer

The link to register is here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/161242742383

To see my previous thread on the clinic I attended click Previous Thread

Cassinonorth

Sick. Realizing I'm developing bad habits lately....read your thread last time and seemed like exactly what I need. Signed up for Sunday.

beaner

I'm in too. Saw him there a couple of weeks ago and was intrigued. I've ridden with Patrick in Lake Placid in the past. Great dude and an excellent coach.

NJ Gator

BUMP Hey all I think there are a few spots available for Sunday. At least there were late last week. I spoke with Patrick,I am doing some 1:1 coaching on Monday, and he said there were a few spots left. Just figured I would bump the post.

Bikeworks

BUMP Hey all I think there are a few spots available for Sunday. At least there were late last week. I spoke with Patrick,I am doing some 1:1 coaching on Monday, and he said there were a few spots left. Just figured I would bump the post.
Thank you for bumping this!!! I've been watching the Joy of Bike videos with Alex and Lee since i got into this, so having the opportunity to have someone that coaches LLB skills coach me for a day is exactly what I've been hoping for.

When I signed up there were 3 spots left for Sunday.

NJ Gator

Awesome- we should all try and meet up
Post clinics to help each other out! Enjoy the clinic I have been riding for years and Lee’s stuff on hinge, row/anti-row and cornering has made me so much more confident. Still can’t bunny hop but that is the goal for the season!

Bikeworks

This was terrific! It was great meeting those of you who went, too (I know who @beaner is, need a hint for anyone else). Patrick was just soooo chill and positive, really looking forward to doing another class/ride with him at some point (Moab anyone?).

NJ Gator

So happy that people enjoyed these sessions! I myself got a ton out of them. I took it a step further and got 1:1 coaching to tackle my nemesis- bunny hops.

Happy to report I friggin bunny hopped. First. Time. Ever.

Thinking we need to get group rides together to keep the LLB skills up.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So I was a participant on Saturday's group and it was great. I wanted to join the group last month but was away and wasn't able to attend, so I was really happy when I saw the postings from @NJ Gator that Patrick was coming back for some more skills workshops. It was great meeting some new folks from the area that ride, learning some new skills/drills to practice and maybe even getting a couple new peeps to join JORBA.

Patrick provided great instruction and actionable corrections that were reflected real time in what I was doing. When class was cut short due to the storms that rolled through, he (and LLB) offered multiple options to balance out the remainder of class (attend another class, private virtual session, credit for the website, etc) to make sure everyone got what they had paid for. Three of us hung out and worked with him in the parking lot on some extra skills drills after the storm passed, and it was great. Would recommend to attend the next time he returns.

Top Bottom