Props to Beachwood Bikes...

BiknBen

I just returned from Beachwood bicycles. I now own a pair of the Specialized Defroster winter shoes. It was my first visit to the store. I chatted with Greg and browsed around. Nice clean shop with a selection of BMX, MTB, and Road bikes. Plenty of display cases of eye candy. Most importantly, they had the winter shoes in a couple sizes and one that even fit my feet. ;)

Special thanks to Greg for offering a discount to MTBNJ forum members.

http://www.beachwoodbikes.com/

ArmyOfNone

Finally!

Your search has ended! How many different shoes have you tried? Look forward to seeing and hearing what you have to say.

BiknBen

Your search has ended! How many different shoes have you tried?

I think I've been to six different stores in the last three weeks. I've tried on variations of Shimano, Sidi, Lake, Pearl Izumi, and Specialized. I could not find the Pearl Izumi winter shoes. I just tried the summer shoe to see how it would fit. Bicycle Pro of Bordentown actually ordered different sizes in my range because of my visit. Unfortunately, he could not find the size that would most likely fit me. It was also taking forever to ship because of the holidays.

Beachwood had the two sizes of the Defroster that I was debating on. I decided to end this quest today.

BTW, they are on my feet right now. I just put the cleats on. :cool:

CIMG5145Small.jpg

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
those are pretty nice. they loo to be half the weight of the lake boots and are also half the price. ill stick to my summer shoes and toe warmers like i have been.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I think I've been to six different stores in the last three weeks. I've tried on variations of Shimano, Sidi, Lake, Pearl Izumi, and Specialized. I could not find the Pearl Izumi winter shoes. I just tried the summer shoe to see how it would fit. Bicycle Pro of Bordentown actually ordered different sizes in my range because of my visit. Unfortunately, he could not find the size that would most likely fit me. It was also taking forever to ship because of the holidays.

Beachwood had the two sizes of the Defroster that I was debating on. I decided to end this quest today.

BTW, they are on my feet right now. I just put the cleats on. :cool:

CIMG5145Small.jpg

I will stick with the Frankenstein boots

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
I always enjoy a trip to Beachwood bikes, the parts display is awsome - but the traffic down dem parts is fo da birds.

dualfisted

sweet

Those r pretty sharp. Is talking price verbotten, curious as to the damage. Pricing the Lakes has scared me from looking at any other winter shoes. I expect full review on fit, feel and performance, asap. Good luck with them kicks.

BiknBen

No. We have a 45 and a 46. We don't stock the 1/2 sizes. Son.

-Jim.

Ireally wanted to try that shoe on. I tried a regular Pearl Shoe is 44.5 and it was too small. I suspect a 45 would not havebeen big enough. That is why I wanted the 45.5.

This has been a pain for a few weeks. I just needed to make a choice and go. I went with the Specalized cause it fit very well and was the cheaper option. They were fine at Chimney Rock today.

Top Bottom