Proof that winter is almost over

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i want winter to be over, i miss my bike :( (and i think its getting mad that its stuck in the garage for the last couple months w/o any use :D)

Panhead

Down in warm Maryland right now for a week of school, I listened to someone on another bike site and was told its all ice, bring the roadie. There's almost no snow and 65*, big change from 25* at my house.

Mare

funny how a person is offended by a comment about shooting an animal and then replies w/ a comment about shooting a person. even though I believe (I hope)you're being sarcastic, there are animal rights activists out there that would condone this. If IanF was so inclined, he could take this to his local police dept. and make a terroristic threat complaint against you that would be looked into. If he's ever been threatened by some nut with a gun while out hunting he might not find your comment so amusing. I love animals and think anyone abusing them should be prosecuted and jailed but threats against a person cross the line. Just my $.02.

Wow! Who are you? Actually I don't want to know who you are. Just back off and calm down.

Mare

funny how a person is offended by a comment about shooting an animal and then replies w/ a comment about shooting a person. even though I believe (I hope)you're being sarcastic, there are animal rights activists out there that would condone this. If IanF was so inclined, he could take this to his local police dept. and make a terroristic threat complaint against you that would be looked into. If he's ever been threatened by some nut with a gun while out hunting he might not find your comment so amusing. I love animals and think anyone abusing them should be prosecuted and jailed but threats against a person cross the line. Just my $.02.

Oh, and gee I hope no-one is inclined to take this to your local police department and make terrorist threat complaint against me. But if you are so inclinded, I'd be very happy to march in there with you and get a full background check. I am still not sure how it turned into a terrorist threat, but I'll roll with the punches.

Last edited:

al415

Banned
Oh, and gee I hope no-one is inclined to take this to your local police department and make terrorist threat complaint against me. But if you are so inclinded, I'd be very happy to march in there with you and get a full background check. I am still not sure how it turned into a terrorist threat, but I'll roll with the punches.

I can help... (or stoke the fires depending on your perspective) You were not being accused of having Al Quaida sympathies... The suggestion was that you had made a TERRORISTIC threat. It's defined below:

2C:12-3 Terroristic threats.

a.A person is guilty of a crime of the third degree if he threatens to commit any crime of violence with the purpose to terrorize another or to cause evacuation of a building, place of assembly, or facility of public transportation, or otherwise to cause serious public inconvenience, or in reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror or inconvenience. A violation of this subsection is a crime of the second degree if it occurs during a declared period of national, State or county emergency. The actor shall be strictly liable upon proof that the crime occurred, in fact, during a declared period of national, State or county emergency. It shall not be a defense that the actor did not know that there was a declared period of emergency at the time the crime occurred.

b.A person is guilty of a crime of the third degree if he threatens to kill another with the purpose to put him in imminent fear of death under circumstances reasonably causing the victim to believe the immediacy of the threat and the likelihood that it will be carried out.

Subsection b. would be the most applicable to this situation. By "most" I mean that it would not really fit at all as A) the complaint was from a third party and B) a person would have a hard time articulating the "immediacy" of such a "threat" from an anonymous person in an online forum.

One thing I've noticed lately is that when hunters and non-hunters get together it's a toss-up as to who is going to be less rational than the other. This week, the hunters won! As for the weather, I was very fortunate to get my road bike back last week. I've been squeezing in 45-60 minute rides on the most frigid days, as I pretty much took January off. I just can't make myself go to a gym...

BiknBen

2C:12-3 Terroristic threats.

a.A person is guilty of a crime of the third degree if he threatens to commit any crime of violence with the purpose to terrorize another or to cause evacuation of a building, place of assembly, or facility of public transportation, or otherwise to cause serious public inconvenience, or in reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror or inconvenience.

I just evacuated something while in the bathroom. It will cause serious public inconvenience to those that enter the bathroom for the next 30 minutes or so.

Guilty

ellbiddy

Was it the elusive brown dolphin species that we've had unconfirmed sitings of in several pictures of the past? :rofl:

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I'm no naturist by any stretch of the imagination but why is seeing deer a sign that winter is almost over? :confused: Do they hibernate like bears? All that snow aside, is seeing deer suppose to imply that they have come out of their hibernation, if they do actually hibernate, and spring is right around the corner? It would mean more if I see bears walking around than deer that winter is almost over.:p

Ian F

LOL! :rofl: I knew that would get a response... I just wish I'd been around to see it... unfortunately, no internet at home right now...

But aneeeewaaaay... I'm hoping winter ends as soon as possible. I wanna ride. While they're predicting a couple of inches Tuesday, next week looks pretty good - 2-3 days of rain and warm temps to melt all the ice away! :)

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I just evacuated something while in the bathroom. It will cause serious public inconvenience to those that enter the bathroom for the next 30 minutes or so.

Guilty
Must have been the brownies you were baking yesterday around noon.:rofl:

ArmyOfNone

Not yet...it is my Mommy's birthday...I've been telling her to avoid going outside so she can't see her shadow for years.

I'll be calling her soon...I'll report back if it is good news :D

No shadow...no shadow...no shadow...PLEASE!!!

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
No shadow...no shadow...no shadow...PLEASE!!!

Sorry man, it was 50 and sunny in Bend yesterday. My sister tried to keep her inside, but noooooooooo, Mom had friends taking her to lunch and dinner:mad:

Enjoy your six more weeks of winter....

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
NOOOO!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry:

6 more weeks, pshhhh! We are in the final stretch, you have been riding outside alot and if you made it this far, 6 weeks is nothing! That being said, I didn't commute in today because I just didn't want to deal wth it.

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
My earlier post did'nt come across quite the way I'd intended:(. It's easier to get something across by speaking than it is by writing:confused:. I still think it's not right to joke about shooting someone though. I someone said they'd shoot me for shooting a deer I'd probably rethink that friendship.

"Or maybe they'd laugh at him and chase him out of headquarters....
(I am more inclined to believe my version)"
I agree, again, looked better at 1 am.

"id rather hunt humans with hammers or maybe a battleaxe. would be more fun that hunting defenseless animals. eating humans would be healthy eating too. lean meat"
Again I agree, if we wanted the easy way out we would'nt be mtn bikers!(but we might have to watch you alcohol consumption at the picnic:Dlol!)

Wobbegong

Was it the elusive brown dolphin species that we've had unconfirmed sitings of in several pictures of the past? :rofl:

My 17 month old son dropped the brown shark in the tub the other day......

I thought it was funny.

Its obvious TJYeti has never met Mare or her sense of humor.... Lighten up, son!

Top Bottom