Pro moves

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Cam zink on devinci. Did not see that coming but nice to see devinci sponsor a big freeride athlete. I tend to think of devinci like orbea in how they focus on enduro so this will widen their appeal.

Ian F

Yeah, I was a bit surprised by the Cam Zink move as well. But at the same time, there are arguably more "free-ride" DHers than strictly "racers", so it's not a bad idea to market bikes towards that crowd.

Neko's Episode 1 dropped today:

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Yeah, I was a bit surprised by the Cam Zink move as well. But at the same time, there are arguably more "free-ride" DHers than strictly "racers", so it's not a bad idea to market bikes towards that crowd.

Neko's Episode 1 dropped today:

Gotta say, he’s looks damn good on that bike.

Ian F

Wow! Reliving my youths lol.
No kidding! I was at the DH event at Doe Mtn in 1994 on my Cannondale Delta V 900. Crashed during my run and taco'd my front wheel.

My other thought while watching the first one - no wonder we wore so much armor back then - damn, we crashed a lot!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
For the younger crowd doe mountain is now called bear creek. My first xc race back when we did all disciplines, I famously went out hard and blew up on first climb. This after a extremely hard winter of training. I was demoralized haha.

Naked crit was the highlight of the weekend at MS

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Screenshot_20220113-081814_Instagram.jpg

one piece crank

BTW he's hooked up with 23 degrees sports management again, so this will very interesting to see how successful someone can be throughout a world cup season with just a rider/team manager and an agent. Like buying a house with just a lawyer and no real estate agency. (this is how you do it)!
When you ride at that level for more than a season, some riders just need more...

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Pinkbike interview with Luca about moving...
He wanted something new and they paid him well. And maybe troy is less intimidating than greg. Good for him. Canyon is also a good place for a business role.

This may mean dak on spesh or giant.

Ian F

I had to look them up. Seem like fun folks.
A couple of young SoCal kids living the dream. The videos can get a bit repetitive at times, but generally entertaining. And they are far from above using click-bait thumbnails of Hannah in skimpy outfits... They seem to market themselves well, since by most metrics they don't really have that many subscribers to justify the amount of sponsorship they (apparently) get.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy

mtbiker87

If they had the bike sorted, I'm not sure Neko would have left. He seemed to hint in his first YouTube video about his new program, and in his interview on Downtime, that they were limited in what changes Intense were willing to make, and that their prototype frames weren't exactly "easy to assemble". Sounds like maybe Streber's fabricating skills are fading as fast as Gwin's results. I'd love to see the whole team pull themselves back to the top, but I wouldn't put money on it.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
If they had the bike sorted, I'm not sure Neko would have left. He seemed to hint in his first YouTube video about his new program, and in his interview on Downtime, that they were limited in what changes Intense were willing to make, and that their prototype frames weren't exactly "easy to assemble". Sounds like maybe Streber's fabricating skills are fading as fast as Gwin's results. I'd love to see the whole team pull themselves back to the top, but I wouldn't put money on it.
Aren’t all their carbon frames made in Asia?

Last edited:
Top Bottom