Princeton Stadium Criterium (3/7)

The 4/5 race is at 8:20 am right?

I downloaded a pdf of the rutgers/princeton stage race and I think they are starting at 11:20. Bike reg says 8:20 AM, which actually works better for me.

The USCF categories start at 8:20. At 11:30 or so, the collegiate races start.

The collegiate races are quite the event. Right now we have about 400 racers coming in from over 50 schools in the northeast.

I'm out...

I've not been able to shake this cold I got, so I will not be there.

This doesn't qualify for upgrade points anyhoo so at least I don't feel terrible about missing it...:hmmm:

-Jim.

So did anyone take part in racing? How did you do?

Not me. I read somewhere that the promoter was scrambling to alter the course due to potholes that opened up due to the snow.

Realistically, This race doesn't draw a large USA Cycling crowd (non-collegiate) . It conflicts with another popular race on the same day. It's also really friggin early in the season to expect a large draw of riders.

Sure, the college kids show up...but they've been rockin the trainers all winter and their season ends in May. The rest of us don't feel the same sense of urgency about a race in March. :rolleyes: My road season ends in Sept. I'm not is a rush.

I applaud the promoter for trying. I'm just helping everyone understand why the USAC presence is small.

Last edited:
I applaud the promoter for trying. I'm just helping everyone understand why the USAC presence is small.

We had a pretty good group lined up to go, but after all the switching classes and times chaos, we decided a group ride would be safer:rolleyes:

-Jim.

In talking to the promoters of the Princeton race, while they did not have a large USAC turnout, they considered the weekend a success. These guys were first time promoters on a new course, competing against Branchbrook and also trying to schedule usac races before 10 collegiate races with over 475 riders. There are a few kinks to get out as it was a first time event, and they have been talking to a lot of people who raced as well as those who didn't to get some feedback. They have said that they plan on running the race again next year, and they would like it to grow.

Back
Top Bottom