Pretty tame for Travis...

clutch

wow
jumpposter.jpg

That's pretty impressive, the magazine cover doesn't do it justice though.
racerxcover.jpg

It kind or looks fake from that angle.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Got to love Travis, he is a nut of the first order. I have gone to a couple of the SCCA rallys and seem him and block race, very fun.

If you have never seen it, watch the nitro circus. Him and his buddies messing around at his house/compound. Its a wonder how any of them are alive. They have a slip and bleed course that is just insane.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Got to love Travis, he is a nut of the first order.....

He certainly is. It is gonna' catch up with him someday, though. Just like f'in with dangerous animals caught up with Steve Irwin. And we'll be shocked.

Did you see the clip of Travis jumping out of a plane w/o a chute?

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
He certainly is. It is gonna' catch up with him someday, though. Just like f'in with dangerous animals caught up with Steve Irwin. And we'll be shocked.

Did you see the clip of Travis jumping out of a plane w/o a chute?

I have, and when I first saw a pic of it, I was like "whats the big deal?" Then a second later I realized he had no chute! hahahahaha"

As far as it catching up to him, I think unfortunetly it has already. I think he could have been one of the greatest MX racers ever if not for all of his injuries. One of my favorite Travis moments (which sums him up pretty well).....His first year in supercross, we drove out to indy to see the race (one of his first, if not his first pro race). On his parade lap he pulls a superman seat grap off one of the SX jumps and promptly crashes into a pile. He got up and still won the race, but it was just like typical travis. I loved when he would come out and just lay waste to the X-games while racing the MX nationals at the same time, lol.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
As far as it catching up to him, I think unfortunetly it has already. I think he could have been one of the greatest MX racers ever if not for all of his injuries. ....

I don't necessarily think that is a "catching up to him" thing...it seems to me that his focus was on the freestyle stuff and the racing was "secondary". I can't recall reading any interviews, but I kinda' doubt he has regrets about how his exploits have harmed his racing career. I think it was a conscious choice for him.

After all, he'd be a lot less famous if he was "just" a top MXer. If you walked up to the average kid on the street, I'll bet the odds that they know who Travis is are significantly higher than the odds they know who Stewart, Carmichael, McGrath, Hannah, Johnson, Decoster, etc. are.

We're gonna' hear someday that he took himself out, or broke his back, or something like that...it is inevitable.

Top Bottom