president's day vacation ideas

metaldork

looking for an overnight trip somewhere within 2-3 hour drive of bergen county. just some casual recreational riding with the wife. was thinking cape may but don't really know anything about the area. anybody have any ideas? if you know a dog friendly place to stay even better.

Wobbegong

looking for an overnight trip somewhere within 2-3 hour drive of bergen county. just some casual recreational riding with the wife. was thinking cape may but don't really know anything about the area. anybody have any ideas? if you know a dog friendly place to stay even better.

Not dog friendly, but you would have the towpah right outside your door. The attic suite is nice.

http://www.porchesnewhope.com/

THATmanMANNY

road ride or mtb ride? like boardwalk ride? there is a sweet place up in CT that this road circles a lake and it has a state park right there avail for camping (if you're into that) or you can opt for B&B right there too

metaldork

road riding. more than boardwalk but less than a century. don't care about a scene and both of us are kind of misanthropic so a dead cape may would be good.

i'm from cleveland so have been to ray's a few times. my parents would be happy to see me too but was just there for thanksgiving so not due for another trip for a while.

both new hope and ct sound good too.

THATmanMANNY

Lake Waramaug

This is the area I was referring to:
Lake Waramaug (New Preston, CT)

Of top of my head there is Boulders Inn and Hopkins Inn to stay. Not sure about pet friendly tho? The food at Hopkins is reaaaal good.

I'll probably be returning in the warmer months. It is real nice and quiet.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
yes, cape may is dead this time of year. that's why i always go in the winter. i hate crowd.

so if you want to do some "casual" road biking with the wife, there is a lot to check out. beaches, victorian homes, horse farms, sunset beach. you could prolly do 30 or so miles but it'd be easy enough to confirm with map my ride dot com.

secondspeed02

roadies?

okay I thought this was mtb site yes I know base miles are good way for winter boredom and training. As for me I ride to work starting in March gas prices are going up again( $3.00 probly end of MARCH) I need to average out 100 miles week just on road plus my goal is 200mi. by end of July09'.. It will be done..

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
okay I thought this was mtb site yes I know base miles are good way for winter boredom and training. As for me I ride to work starting in March gas prices are going up again( $3.00 probly end of MARCH) I need to average out 100 miles week just on road plus my goal is 200mi. by end of July09'.. It will be done..

hey, keep it positive ill go broke feeding my beast if gas goes back up that high, so im hoping it doesnt go all the way back up

(not that i expect it to stay down, bc it is most likely going back up, but i am HOPING for it to stay down)

Top Bottom