Pre-ride, Thursday, 4/30/2015 WAWAYANDA Race Course

onetracker

Pre-ride, Thursday, 4/30/2015 WAWAYANDA Race Course Presented by Black Bear Cycling

Time - 6pm
Meeting Location - Boathouse Parking Lot
Ride leaders - Dave Daniel & Dave Castner
No drop ride covering the Cat 1/2 loop
All abilities welcome and encouraged!
Cost = free (not being cheeky, just to clarify)

In case of rain, check the Facebook page - Black Bear Cycling. We will post go/no-go by 3pm.

Wawayanda State Park
885 Warwick Turnpike
Hewitt, NJ 07421
Sunday, May 3, 2015

Panhead

Though it is the 1&2 lap, Cat 3's are more than welcome to come out and see what they're missing out on. It's no drop so there's no worries about being over your head.

You'll also get to see the last remaining rigid 26"single speed on the East Coast.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Though it is the 1&2 lap, Cat 3's are more than welcome to come out and see what they're missing out on. It's no drop so there's no worries about being over your head.

You'll also get to see the last remaining rigid 26"single speed on the East Coast.

The cat 3 lap is 95% the same as cat 1/2. But no prologue. At least that's what the map tells me.

Panhead

Yep, it's exactly the same except for some fire road, some single track and some fire road. And the 4 mile prologue.

And it's free, so you can have a couple of pints at the boozer down bottom of Clinton Road with your buds.

Panhead

It seems as if a few posts were deleted since this morning. @Norm, I think I can handle some fun with TJ without wanting a thread locked up. Besides, it might breathe some life into this morgue, been real stale for quite the while.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do we really need TJ's negative energy going into the tournament on Sunday?

Hey I'm planing on joining for the group ride this afternoon. Where is the boathouse parking lot at? Also would lights be necessary?

Panhead

Do we really need TJ's negative energy going into the tournament on Sunday?

I may be wrong, but TJ wasn't putting out any negative energy. Maybe sarcasm.
Here's my issue with the pay to pre ride special- there was never an email from Ken or EE proposing this idea, granted he doesn't have to ask permission from Black Bear to hold it bit look at it from a clubs point of view. We've been working for the past month to get the course ready, still having issues with parts of it. Maybe a little email saying " hey guys, here's my idea.... in exchange I'd like to to help with some trail maintenance." That would go a real long way instead of waiting until the week before to post a pay ride that will be held after the course is marked.

Please don't piss on my head and tell me it's only rain.

Panhead

Hey I'm planing on joining for the group ride this afternoon. Where is the boathouse parking lot at? Also would lights be necessary?

I'm going to has a set just in case, but there is plenty of time before dark for a lap.

Just follow the paved road all the way to the end, it's past the beach lot.

Last edited:

ryderX

Here's my issue with the pay to pre ride special- there was never an email from Ken or EE proposing this idea, granted he doesn't have to ask permission from Black Bear to hold it bit look at it from a clubs point of view. We've been working for the past month to get the course ready, still having issues with parts of it. Maybe a little email saying " hey guys, here's my idea.... in exchange I'd like to to help with some trail maintenance." That would go a real long way instead of waiting until the week before to post a pay ride that will be held after the course is marked.

Please don't piss on my head and tell me it's only rain.
And I'd add the question as to whether or not they need or even inquired about a permit to run a fee based program in a SP.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's

Dave, his first post was sarcasm...and I thought it was funny. We all take shots at each other from time to time, I like edgy humor. But when multiple posts are taking shots at someone or the same topic its just negative.

At some point you have to draw a line in the sand and say this aggression will not stand man.

Panhead

T
And I'd add the question as to whether or not they need or even inquired about a permit to run a fee based program in a SP.

I wasn't aware one was needed and that really doesn't concern me.
Dave, his first post was sarcasm...and I thought it was funny. We all take shots at each other from time to time, I like edgy humor. But when multiple posts are taking shots at someone or the same topic its just negative.

At some point you have to draw a line in the sand and say this aggression will not stand man.

Tomato Tomatoe Iggy. I admit I have a very high tolerance for sarcasm and negativity. I found nothing wrong with TJ, I am socially retarded though.

Top Bottom