Prague

dmkalemba

Ok. This is a long shot, but I know we have some world travelers...

Anyone have suggestions for MTB ing within a couple of hours from Prague?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Cool, I might be there next month, so let me know what you find out :p

BPaze

It is my understanding that on the border of Prague and Poland there is a good amount of MTB, but I have no idea what kind of drive it is from Prague to those locations. I only know this because I travel to Poland often and have researched the area from that perspective.

I have heard of Singletrek pod Smrkem which is supposed to be good but no idea the distance as well as other MTB in the Giant mountains. Wish I had more detail and definitely interested in what you find as I will be back that way next summer and may make a trip to Czech

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I had a teammate that moved to Prague a few years ago and I know he switched from mainly road to mainly mtb after doing so. So I know there is riding. Unfortunately it seems he isn’t on Strava anymore to see where exactly he rides.

dmkalemba

Thanks @JimN and @BPaze.... I've been to Prague like 6 or 7 times and adventures have been more around beer than biking :) I'll have Sunday open and then my wife is joining me the for a short vacation the week after... probably won't be able to to some of the places you mentioned due to time, but there seem to be a couple places nearer to the city. Google shows BIKO Adventures having a few rides right out of town.

And you have to love the CZK to USD .... 118USD for 3 day rental of a Giant Trance

dmkalemba

Where can I get a good NE style IIPA?

unless that P stands for pilsner you may be out of luck ;)

our office is across the street from the Staropramen brewery, that is not a good thing when they are roasting hops (or some other process)... try one of these

• Staropramen Smíchov – a pale draught beer with 4.0% ABV (in Czech: 10° or Výčepní).
  • Staropramen Jedenáctkapale lager, contains 4.7% ABV (in Czech: 11° or Ležák).
  • Staropramen Ležák (Premium)pale lager and flagship of the brand, contains 5.0% ABV (in Czech: 12° or Ležák).
  • Staropramen Černý – a dark dunkel with 4.4% ABV (in Czech: Tmavé).
  • Staropramen Nefiltr Pšeničný – an unfiltered wheat pale lager with 5.0% ABV (in Czech: Nefiltrované).
  • Staropramen Nealko – a low-alcohol beer with max. 0.5% ABV (in Czech: Nealkoholické).
  • Staropramen Extra Chmelená – an extra bitter pale lager, contains 5.2% ABV.
  • Staropramen Déčko – pale beer with reduced sugar content (dia), and 4.0% ABV.
  • Staropramen Granát – a semi-dark lager with 4,8% ABV.

BPaze

unless that P stands for pilsner you may be out of luck ;)

our office is across the street from the Staropramen brewery, that is not a good thing when they are roasting hops (or some other process)... try one of these

• Staropramen Smíchov – a pale draught beer with 4.0% ABV (in Czech: 10° or Výčepní).
  • Staropramen Jedenáctkapale lager, contains 4.7% ABV (in Czech: 11° or Ležák).
  • Staropramen Ležák (Premium)pale lager and flagship of the brand, contains 5.0% ABV (in Czech: 12° or Ležák).
  • Staropramen Černý – a dark dunkel with 4.4% ABV (in Czech: Tmavé).
  • Staropramen Nefiltr Pšeničný – an unfiltered wheat pale lager with 5.0% ABV (in Czech: Nefiltrované).
  • Staropramen Nealko – a low-alcohol beer with max. 0.5% ABV (in Czech: Nealkoholické).
  • Staropramen Extra Chmelená – an extra bitter pale lager, contains 5.2% ABV.
  • Staropramen Déčko – pale beer with reduced sugar content (dia), and 4.0% ABV.
  • Staropramen Granát – a semi-dark lager with 4,8% ABV.
You might be surprised craft beer is.picking up in popularity in Europe. If you see Pinta a polish micro brewery they arent to bad. Hazy Disco was a decent NE IPA. They also call them American IPA or APA

dmkalemba

@JimN and @BPaze ... made it to Prague and did a private tour with Krystof at BIKO Adventures https://www.bikoadventures.com/ . I did a tour they call "The Great Escape"... It was a little over 20 miles, i'd say about 50% of it was on single track or rough trails, w/ a little over 2000ft of climbs. The rest was on paved and unpaved bike paths and minor roads. They don't do alot of trail maintenance in the parks around Prague. Much of the climbing was on paths/double track, but pretty steep. There were a couple of pretty sketchy (fun) short down hills, some longer flow and a couple of double track bomb runs. We did stop for beer and food about 75% through!! The guide is a local guy, very nice and a strong rider. I think they would be open to customizing to do more single track. It was pretty cool riding through some neighborhoods and by through some of the suburban farms between different parks.

Still looking for NE Style IPA :shrug:

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
made it to Prague and did a private tour with Krystof at BIKO Adventures https://www.bikoadventures.com/ . I did a tour they call "The Great Escape"

Thanks! I checked it out and it looks pretty cool. We'll probably only be in Prague for ~3 days, so not sure how feasible this is though. Maybe I can just do a 4 hour rental and do some exploring on my own.

Still looking for NE Style IPA :shrug:

Yeah, I'll probably end up just sticking to wine on this trip :p

Top Bottom