Powder Coat

ellbiddy

I was thinking of having one of my bikes freshened up, but I worry about getting it PC'd because of the heat during curing. It's some custom aluminum alloy, so I'm not sure how it'd fare, anyone ever get a bike PC'd before? I've read a lot of back and forth info about it, some people say it's awful, some people say it's perfectly fine.

I was also wondering if anyone knows someone local that can help me out, figured I'd ask here before pulling out the yellow pages.

MTBTyler

My stepfather can pc parts like handle bars and seatposts or cranks, but a frame would be too big for us to do. Theres this place on 11th street in piscataway that does crome and pc. Cant remember the name.

MTBTyler

Just found them. Artistic chrome. 179 11th street, piscataway, nj 08854, 732-968-1595 Mon-fri 8-6:30.
We have had some really great parts cromed and pc here. they do polishing, pc, anodizing, decorative chrome, pot metal plating, welding/fabrication:rolleyes:

MTBTyler

Sweet deal, any idea on pricing? I'll give them a call in the AM
Im probally wrong but I belive we had handle bars pc for like $30. The best thing to do is just to call and ask, but dont go by the price I just gave you.

ellbiddy

They quoted me $150 not $50 >:| Granted I wanted two colours by those two colours are on different parts of the frame, front vs rear triangle.

Top Bottom