Post Your Pets

NickDavid

deezey.jpg

Glancing Aft

My roommate and I took in a stray cat about a month ago. He's been doing great, his name is Tuckerman, named after the ravine.
Tux.jpg

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
a very sleepy, snoring pit bull named Misty.

she's a little upset that i awoke her for the closeup :)

Mare

Here is my dog, Opie, and cat, Micho.

What is it with cats and boxes? :)

Attachments

• Opie Web.jpg
    Opie Web.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Micho Web.JPG
    Micho Web.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 23

bozizle

Earl

Here is our cat Earl...honestly I have never met a bigger lap cat that has to be attached to my wife's hip all the time...

Attachments

• Earl.jpg
    Earl.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 46

Scotty878

Shop: Planet Bike
Shop Keep
This is my dog Moe. He's scared in this pic because there was a thunderstorm that night and the thunder scares him, he's a whimp, lol.

Attachments

• Moe-Scared.jpg
    Moe-Scared.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 56
Question for all you dog owners. What do you guys do with your dog(s) when you go on vacation? I have one pup now which I leave with my mom, but I want to rescue another and I think 2 would be too much for her. I don't have any friends to leave the pup with and I'm reluctant to do the kennel thing as my pets are like my kids and I want to make sure that they have the best conditions.

VanDbtRiver

restructure your vacations so that they include the dogs. when they are old enough, let the folks watch them. It is pretty much a given that the dog will come back with cough, worms, or pink eye if left at the kennel.

D

DANSPANK

I used to use an off-lead kennel in Wallington called Doggie Paradise. It's run by a young couple and they're really great.

When I split with my GF I needed to find a daily solution as it wasn't fair to leave my pooch on his own all day. There was no way I was going to give him up, plus he has epilepsy so needed more personal attention. (He's on meds and they're controlling it fantastically). I was lucky enough to find a lady who now comes to my house and picks him up at about 9ish, takes him to her place where he plays all day with probably 5 or 6 other dogs, feeds him with food and meds, and drops him off at about 6ish - just perfect. When I travel he goes to stay with her. It costs a lot but alleviates the additional stress of me worrying about him being at home alone - so it's well worth it.

She's in Weehawken so I'm sure that's not much use to you but chat with other people you see out with dogs during the day as I bet they have some great solutions.

The Kalmyk

Question for all you dog owners. What do you guys do with your dog(s) when you go on vacation? I have one pup now which I leave with my mom, but I want to rescue another and I think 2 would be too much for her. I don't have any friends to leave the pup with and I'm reluctant to do the kennel thing as my pets are like my kids and I want to make sure that they have the best conditions.

Some dogs are actually better with a partner so if your thinking rescue focus in on breed rescues more than your local pound.....Breed rescues really focus on home placement and the major component to that is the individual dogs personality....Local pounds are great and if you were looking for your first and only dog I would say go that route

Last edited:

Nimrod

Now our dog comes with us, he's a 60 pound Lab.
We put him in a nice kennel once......... did not go well at all.

Rock is a really nice, gentle, overly ready to please Yellow Lab, listens extremley well. The Dog melted down at the kennel... he refused to eat, then he got very nasty.................

the kennel called "you HAVE TO PICK HIM UP NOW", cut the vacation short, got the dog = happiest day in that dogs life. The dog put a dent in the car door from ramming it (trying to get in).

Some dogs are actually better with a partner so if your thinking rescue focus in on breed rescues more than your local pound.....Breed rescues really focus on home placement and the major component to that is the individual dogs personality....Local pounds are great and if you were looking for your first and only dog I would say go that route

I'm not quite following you. I currently have a 25lb mutt (Terrier, Cocker Spaniel, Chihuahua). So what type of dog are you recommending that I rescue. I'd most likely get my next dog from a local rescue group or the ASPCA. Chances are we'd get a pitbull b/c I've fostered a bunch of them when I used to be an active volunteer and I just love those dogs.

NickDavid

Personally, I bring my dog to my mothers home and she takes care of him. Although having a dog is fantastic, it can be a burden at times like these. Having to find a place for my dog is what keeps me from getting him a friend to hang out with.

If you have nowhere to take him and would rather not give him to a kennel, you can hire a dog walker to come a couple times a day for the time you'll be gone. I wouldn't leave my dog with a kennell, I would just be worried the whole time. You don't have any friends or neighbors that would walk the dog for you?

I was lucky enough to find a lady who now comes to my house and picks him up at about 9ish, takes him to her place where he plays all day with probably 5 or 6 other dogs, feeds him with food and meds, and drops him off at about 6ish - just perfect. When I travel he goes to stay with her. It costs a lot but alleviates the additional stress of me worrying about him being at home alone - so it's well worth it.

She's in Weehawken so I'm sure that's not much use to you but chat with other people you see out with dogs during the day as I bet they have some great solutions.

That's a good idea about looking for someone that has a small pet kennel in their home. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with that.

Now our dog comes with us, he's a 60 pound Lab.
We put him in a nice kennel once......... did not go well at all.

Rock is a really nice, gentle, overly ready to please Yellow Lab, listens extremley well. The Dog melted down at the kennel... he refused to eat, then he got very nasty.................

the kennel called "you HAVE TO PICK HIM UP NOW", cut the vacation short, got the dog = happiest day in that dogs life. The dog put a dent in the car door from ramming it (trying to get in).

That's pretty funny. Well, not at the time in probably wasn't, but I can relate. I'd love to bring the pup with me, but I can't see how that's practical a lot of the time. Say I was to go to Disneyworld with the wife and kid. Even if we flew her down with us, I haven't found a hotel yet that would allow us to have a dog in the room while we're not there.

Top Bottom