Post Your Other Ride (Car Enthusiasts)

I Ride Bikes

The key to the z28 being ridiculous on the track is that they put the Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R tires on it...which are essentially street legal racing slicks, on top of that...largest front tires ever put on the front of any car, 305/30ZR-19...the front tires they put on this car are almost as wide as what they put on the back of a z06.

I understand your point but at the same time I can say a gtr is fast because its all wheel drive. There is obviously more to it than the tires. There is one other car besides formula one cars that uses those dampers and the carbon ceramic brakes are huge. The cars that fast on the track because Chevy built it that way. Every other car can use the same tires if they want but they don't. Its all fair game when they design a car. Besides that's the outgoing model so we will have to see what the next gen brings. With the performance cars Chevy and Cadillac are building there's no doubt they will be insane.

Rich_W

My toy... Not very fast - its all about the chassis - my 981 with sport suspension and other goodies...

My DD and bike gear hauler is a 2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO pickup with 125k on it

Last edited:

Rich_W

I drove a bunch of 911s before I decided on a 981. The balance of the chassis is without compare. Again, not nearly the power, but I'm not tracking the car.... but man this thing is fun.

You can revv the piss out of it... but at reasonable speeds. The thing just tears up the curves. Its still quick @ just over 5 sec 0-60. The Turbos I've driven felt beyond useful on regular roads.

Last edited:

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
The key to the z28 being ridiculous on the track is that they put the Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R tires on it...which are essentially street legal racing slicks, on top of that...largest front tires ever put on the front of any car, 305/30ZR-19...the front tires they put on this car are almost as wide as what they put on the back of a z06

The v6 is the rental car fleet mobile now, the eco boost 2.0 turbo 4 replaced it at the lower cost performance option. 305hp for the 2.0L, 435hp for the 5.0L

I know someone with the z28 who went through those Trofeo R's pretty quickly, and put off the shelf Pilots on. Guess what, the handling and balance is still there, and will shame most other cars on the road.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I understand your point but at the same time I can say a gtr is fast because its all wheel drive. There is obviously more to it than the tires. There is one other car besides formula one cars that uses those dampers and the carbon ceramic brakes are huge. The cars that fast on the track because Chevy built it that way. Every other car can use the same tires if they want but they don't. Its all fair game when they design a car. Besides that's the outgoing model so we will have to see what the next gen brings. With the performance cars Chevy and Cadillac are building there's no doubt they will be insane.

Well yes and no...The GTR is designed as a GTR from the start, its not based on anything else, same with say a 911, ferrari 458. But they make "track" versions of these cars also..Although the engineers did not have to start with a 4000lb camaro platform and make it handle better. Im not saying its a bad thing, the halo versions of these cars make the regular versions better...they drive attention to the brand, increase sales, all a good thing. Other than being stupid heavy, all 3 camaro/mustang/challenger are WAY faster than they used to be. But every one of these cars built for the purpose of achieving a number...be it the GT500 with 200mph, the hellcat with 707hp, or the z28 with a track time will suffer some sort of a trade off. In the case of the z/28...its $75,000 +20-30k in dealer ass raping fees...(which ford/gm/dodge all do now) They removed 200lbs from it via all isolation, air conditioning, put 80% stiffer springs on it etc...The tires they used on the z/28 have so much grip when warm that they were actually slipping on the rim under braking and GM had to sandblast the rim bead...BECAUSE RACE CAR! These are the things you do to a track car, they are just not as well rounded...but then again, who cares, you can probably afford to have a second car to drive everyday. The SS 1LE at $43,000 while slower, is probably the one I would rather own...If I have learned anything from Luke its that you can take a 200k mile, $500 1997 subaru impreza and embarrass bmw's all day long on a track with some driving skills and tires.

RobW

Nobody is getting over MSRP on Z/28s. Kerbeck has one in stock for $72,450.

When I was buying this, I stared at the new z28 and it is actually nicer than the vette. I tried to get a test drive but was told I could maybe do it with a few hundred handed over to the sales manager. All American Chevrolet ftw .

RobW

Nice looking Chevy!

Not sure if you saw this video but certainly funny if you like Chevy trucks.

Warning NWS: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UfHtcUZXljw

Lmao! That is hilarious!!! I got a silver-A-do bc I don't suck d*ck! That's classic!

Thank you! Chevy did a good job with the rally edition. I drove a Honda for 12 years, with a father that works for GM I never found a GM car/truck I actually liked aside from the vette in some years.

don

Lmao! That is hilarious!!! I got a silver-A-do bc I don't suck d*ck! That's classic!

Thank you! Chevy did a good job with the rally edition. I drove a Honda for 12 years, with a father that works for GM I never found a GM car/truck I actually liked aside from the vette in some years.

I am in my 2nd Suburban (07-13 body) and have been really happy. It hauls kids, gear, lumber, car parts, and tows trailers and goes down the road very well. I drove my in laws 2013 Merc E series last weekends and it wasn't all the much better of an experience than our Suburban. I just wish Chevy did a Duramax option for it!

RobW

Step up to GMC 6.2L with the 2500 series... Or the Denali... U pick!! Either way your pockets become non existent

Top Bottom