Post Your Doggo [woof]

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Newest addition.. SIL got the pup for his wifey.. It's part Great Pyrenees... It's gonna eat them out of house, and home. At 8 weeks it dwarfs our 4yo Chi/Doxy mix.

View attachment 200848

speaking from experience with 2 great pyrs in the house, they dont eat nearly as much as you would expect for their size. . . . .

at 8 weeks probably 15-20 lbs? I think our younger one was around 18 when we got him at 10-11 weeks.

also a warning, pyrs are smart, the WILL learn what you want quickly, but they need a good incentive and seem to think through every command you give before deciding if they want to follow it.

KF2M

I hate to see how much grooming is going to cost. Had a Golden some time ago and had to at minimum brush him once a week, or more. The name Thor has been batted about, and Loki got instantly struck down. Though now I have an instant buddy (treats ftw).

iman29

I hate to see how much grooming is going to cost. Had a Golden some time ago and had to at minimum brush him once a week, or more. The name Thor has been batted about, and Loki got instantly struck down. Though now I have an instant buddy (treats ftw).
If they need any puppy training HMU it’s my side hustle.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So it’s been a couple sucky weeks for the Wonderpup, but he’s back!

A few weeks back a neighbor’s pit bull mistook my boy for a chew toy.
CDA26D80-FC6F-4D76-A6C2-97C65F983382.jpeg
3 total puncture wounds with the main ones having 2” & 3” pockets.
That’s not bone sticking out, drain tube.
Yup, it was gross.

So it’s been a few weeks of the cone of shame, ointments, antibiotics, pain meds and anti-inflammatory meds 2x a day.
And restricted activity.

Good news is no permanent damage, just bruising.

He managed pretty well all things considered, and most importantly his spirit isn’t diminished at all.

06EE237C-404F-440A-B6CC-2E6B05365B6F.jpeg

Tried PJs as an option to the cone on the suggestion of a neighbor.
It’s brilliant when it works, but our boy has a funny sizing. Some parts are tiny, some are normalish, so it was mostly cone time.
0DB8CBDE-EE0C-4D62-AA50-80B707896E03.jpeg

To make sure he wasn’t going to be skittish with big dogs again, brought him over to see his old pal Desi.
He just wanted to play!
097EA90E-1CD5-4910-8447-96A4AE90ADCD.jpeg

10E4AEB5-B813-4D1C-AF24-0DEBBF2876C7.jpeg

10E4AEB5-B813-4D1C-AF24-0DEBBF2876C7.jpeg

C5CC58C4-0678-48B7-A3FD-4CFF07C466BB.jpeg

4AB95EA4-5CEB-48BB-B30D-F7D8CA4B2AF4.jpeg

15FFF01C-34E7-478C-91DB-140C672B631B.jpeg

My boy has style, can make anything look good
250ECB31-A2D8-4387-AD84-79200EE4A4A7.jpeg

All healed up, just need the fur to come back
DF581BA3-A9CF-4487-99AB-ADC73C27500E.jpeg

iman29

View attachment 200901
Yup, it was gross.

So it’s been a few weeks of the cone of shame, ointments, antibiotics, pain meds and anti-inflammatory meds 2x a day.
And restricted activity.

He managed pretty well all things considered, and most importantly his spirit isn’t diminished at all.

View attachment 200902

It’s brilliant when it works, but our boy has a funny sizing. Some parts are tiny, some are normalish, so it was mostly cone time.
View attachment 200903

To make sure he wasn’t going to be skittish with big dogs again, brought him over to see his old pal Desi.
He just wanted to play!
View attachment 200904

View attachment 200905

View attachment 200905

View attachment 200906

View attachment 200907

View attachment 200908

View attachment 200909

View attachment 200913
Omg that’s terrible glad he’s OK!

Hope the neighbor chipped into the vet bills that must have been a small fortune.

onetracker

View attachment 200901
Yup, it was gross.

And restricted activity.

View attachment 200902

View attachment 200903

He just wanted to play!
View attachment 200904

View attachment 200905

View attachment 200905

View attachment 200906

View attachment 200907

View attachment 200908

View attachment 200909

View attachment 200913
Get well soon Wonderpup!! I used kid sized long sleeve t-shirts from the thrift store when my last dog had stitches. I will see if I can find a photo on my PC later. Worked great….

Mr.Moto

View attachment 200901
Yup, it was gross.

And restricted activity.

View attachment 200902

View attachment 200903

He just wanted to play!
View attachment 200904

View attachment 200905

View attachment 200905

View attachment 200906

View attachment 200907

View attachment 200908

View attachment 200909

All healed up, just need the fur to come backView attachment 200913
:oops: I love wonderpup. Glad to see he is healing and back at it.

Fat Trout

Our pup "what?" The no longer 10# but still deaf dalmation towering over beans our gangsta 30# super gentle mush we got from TX who had a rough start with car hit broken parts and a few unnecessary pellet gun memories we found. I wish we could all be so happy with the challenges these two had. IMG_0918.jpg

pibbles

View attachment 200901
Yup, it was gross.

And restricted activity.

View attachment 200902

View attachment 200903

He just wanted to play!
View attachment 200904

View attachment 200905

View attachment 200905

View attachment 200906

View attachment 200907

View attachment 200908

View attachment 200909

View attachment 200913
Ive always used a "comfy" cone for when my pitties got to feelin rambunctious. Deep cut on her head after butt tuck zoomies, cruxiate ligament tear, right leg amputation.....etc. comfy cone works great.

iman29

When Shelby was a pup I taught her to put one of these on and off about 3 weeks before I got her fixed. She used to wear it around the house like it was normal so that when she has to wear one it’s nothing new. Also let her get in and out if the cage easily and she could sleep on it and be comfortable.

I still use the command “put it on” or “take it off” with the leash and collar for walks.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hope the neighbor chipped into the vet bills that must have been a small fortune.
They have offered, and we’ll sort it now that the visits are all done.

Insurance (Healthy Paws) was really super on this- 90% coverage for basically everything. May discuss out of pocket with neighbor, first order was the boy is okay.

But, PSA, especially to new pup owners- get insurance before they get any diagnosis. (Pre-existing and well care not covered by any carrier). Even with increasing premiums, insurance has always paid off annually.
Saved us a couple grand on this adventure alone.

Ive always used a "comfy" cone for when my pitties got to feelin rambunctious. Deep cut on her head after butt tuck zoomies, cruxiate ligament tear, right leg amputation.....etc. comfy cone works great.
This was discussed, he’s pretty bendy though, so I wasn’t sure.
He certainly wasn’t getting enough rest in the cone.

serviceguy

Insurance (Healthy Paws) was really super on this- 90% coverage for basically everything. May discuss out of pocket with neighbor, first order was the boy is okay.

But, PSA, especially to new pup owners- get insurance before they get any diagnosis. (Pre-existing and well care not covered by any carrier). Even with increasing premiums, insurance has always paid off annually.

Sorry to hear of Wonderpup’s misfortune and glad he’s on the mend! Happy b-day @jmanic and sorry for the toilet skirmish, I should know better than antagonize a man about his toilet related accomplishments!

iman29

good to hear!

Happy Bday @jmanic and @serviceguy - what a coincidence you two share a bday!

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's

we have nationwide whole pet with wellness(or something like that) on both of our giants and they cover 90% of absolutely EVERYTHING, including annual visits(well care), fecals, medications, (they even covered nuetering for both of them) its far from cheap but we continually come out ahead on it.

Last edited:

onetracker

Healthy Paws is a good and ethical company for sure!!

iman29

Was gonna put this under smile thread too but here is good.

When you teach your dog “hug” and she prances around to get one even tho you were only in the garage for 10 minutes.

Prior to me grabbing the phone to get a selfie she had her head on my shoulder.

Dog hugs are the best.
DCCB53C7-7AF7-44FE-B8CA-BD7CC7B780AC.jpeg

Top Bottom