Post Your Doggo [woof]

muddybike

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone have luck with a dog leash for bikes? Looking for something that can quick release (cam lever or similar) and also not $2500

Doesn't have a "quick release" but i've got the headset antenna setup on my hardtale. Bungee leash loops around the headset and through itself, then out through the antenna loop and to the dog. He wears a proper dog-pulling harness - which spreads the "pull" effort across his whole back and not putting too much pressure in one spot like most walking harnesses would. Let me dig up a pic

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wonderpup is having a good weekend.
Last night we did our power line walk/ultimate flying squirrel.

Accidentally tossed it into the scrub, boy just jumped in.
Came out with a million seed pods stuck to him.
D2F3E0D3-E39A-467B-986D-EA19B3EDE4EA.jpeg
In his ears, eyes and all over his body

He DGAF
33A93C84-BECB-4606-8437-999AD07604BD.jpeg
I’ll take seed pods over ticks any day.

Today a nice long hike with all new sniffs.
26CAE505-C03D-414A-A0DC-22B2BC581A90.jpeg

rlb

Doesn't have a "quick release" but i've got the headset antenna setup on my hardtale. Bungee leash loops around the headset and through itself, then out through the antenna loop and to the dog. He wears a proper dog-pulling harness - which spreads the "pull" effort across his whole back and not putting too much pressure in one spot like most walking harnesses would. Let me dig up a pic

Looks like a good setup, but I'm not sure I trust my girl attached to the bars! Though I guess it can't be any worse than her attached to my waist. Thanks for the pics.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looks like a good setup, but I'm not sure I trust my girl attached to the bars! Though I guess it can't be any worse than her attached to my waist. Thanks for the pics.
I had a setup that attached to my seat post and had a tether for the pup which I angled toward the non-drive side of bike, and there was some give to it...think some kind of spring or so...see if I can find it or the name

Reactions: rlb

muddybike

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've previously ridden with him attached to my body (leash through my camel back front strap - both chest strap & waist strap. Because of the lower leash angle there is a much higher incidence of leash-in-wheel occurrence. The feeling of him pulling is pretty much the same between having him attached to my camel back/waist -- as in, i don't feel like i have more or less ability to resist against him in either setup. just my 2 cents.

Reactions: rlb

rlb

- as in, i don't feel like i have more or less ability to resist against him in either setup. just my 2 cents.

That's good to know, my concern was having the bars yanked suddenly if she decides to detour for some wildlife.

iman29

This doesn’t look like anything special except the part that the door from
The foyer to the garage is wide open. She is not allowed in the garage except on the leash and she is supposed
To go to any spot behind the line between the carpet and the crappy linoleum floor when the front door or garage door is open.

I left the door open on purpose as a test and went in and out the garage several times and this is where she was waiting without saying one command.

She got a handful of treats for that. 🐶

223F02E1-4B39-4AB4-B219-1EE476C2AFC0.png

Top Bottom