Post Your Doggo [woof]

Shelby is a little less enthusiastic about my new job since she can’t guilt me into taking her out for walks or the yard whenever she wants.

However she can give me the “sad because you been on your stupid laptop all day and I want to lay with you face” and I’m totally a sucker. Plus she hates the rain today so she been inside most of the day.

Current situation: oh and she’s snoring.

B7EDF783-2F42-4270-90A4-3619B73E3711.jpeg

Shelby had a vet visit today we noticed she was flapping her ears a bit more than usual and also titling her head on and off. I used to be a Vet tech in college so I could see one ear looked a little red and some yucky stuff in there. Turns out just a minor bacterial infection but the vet was impressed we caught it early that she didn’t needs antibiotics just some drops. downside is she gained 5 lbs since October so she’s at 60 and she should be 50.

Strict Corona protocol in The vet office means no one allowed inside so we wait in the car until they come to get her. Good thing I taught her to love the car.
B6A448EE-96AF-4845-8E57-3A7A38D35CAD.jpeg23A8B6C2-17C1-49C1-AC7B-1275209E4A4B.jpeg

In hindsight teaching her a command “Hug” was a pretty damn good idea.

I swear Shelby comes looking for it especially when the weather is crap. She sat next to me whining until I gave her the command and then She puts her head on my shoulder for a good back scratch.

guess she has the crappy weather Sunday morning blues.
0BD56FA4-06D3-467E-B9D6-21C3157C4538.jpeg

I wish I could say this only happened once, but almost a year to the day since last time. This time was worse since the quills went deep into her leg, vet had to cut her open to remove several below the skin. Now she has a cast, and can’t do her favorite thing, running, til it comes off. The scariest part is you never know if you got all of them. That and seeing the vet bill. CBF34B05-B8CA-4571-B37E-BC456F2F0AD3.jpeg

I wish I could say this only happened once, but almost a year to the day since last time. This time was worse since the quills went deep into her leg, vet had to cut her open to remove several below the skin. Now she has a cast, and can’t do her favorite thing, running, til it comes off. The scariest part is you never know if you got all of them. That and seeing the vet bill. View attachment 126890
Ouch! I was always worried about that.

Great thread. I sure do miss having a dog/trail dog!

Back
Top Bottom