Post Your Doggo [woof]

serviceguy

We've had all kinds of shenanigans getting permission from renters: we're not against it but sometimes it's sketchy. Fenced yards are nice especially in the winter. None of these should be deal breakers but there might be some over protection going on, more so when it's new dog owners and they might not know what to expect.

As long time fosters our rescue gives us a lot of latitude and if we do a meeting and think it's a good match then it's usually a go.

Dunno if he's too small for you but we're fostering this guy and he's pretty cool. I could certainly put in a word.

Meredith at Denville Animal Shelter is good people if they have any pups you're interested in.
Thanks, but yes he looks a little smaller than what we're going for.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
we had all sorts of trouble finding a rescue which we could get our second pup (well at the time he was 13 weeks old and almost 20 lbs). They all wanted a fenced in yard (which is far from necessary). We managed to find one in kentucky (i think?) that was willing to work with us since we already had a dog of the same breed who was doing well (they checked vet references to confirm) without a fence and being leash walked. (p.s. our dogs are ~100 lbs each now) just keep looking and eventually you will find someone who is reasonable.

serviceguy

Sounds like wheels are in motion, our supplied references are getting calls from the shelter, we got a call from a second shelter…hopefully I will be able to legitimately post on this thread soon! As I mentioned to my mom during our last conversation I always wanted a dog, 40 years and 2.125 cats later…

iman29

Sounds like wheels are in motion, our supplied references are getting calls from the shelter, we got a call from a second shelter…hopefully I will be able to legitimately post on this thread soon! As I mentioned to my mom during our last conversation I always wanted a dog, 40 years and 2.125 cats later…

Remember once it’s official pictures here are mandatory. 🐶

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I was going to wait a couple months before looking for another dog. But the friend who had. given me Jezebel and Bear had a different plan...

A 5 month old Shiba Inu - Pomeranian mix named Hana. She definitely loves her older brother Yosh (pronounced Jasiu :))

tempImagewBt5xY.pngtempImage78Sbsm.png

Last edited:

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So I think it’s been basically said, but I think the higher bar for adoption probably reflects a few things pandemic related:
Demand is completely outstripping supply. Shelters were barren at a point during all this, so adoption agencies can and may need to raise the bar to parse all the requests.

Also stricter requirements can be about concern for the animals- there is probably a greater concern about placements- yeah, these folks want and can care for a dog right now, but is it going to live in a crate all day when they have to go back to the office?
And again, with all the requests, they can hold out for optimal placements.

All markets have seen shifts in ways no one could have predicted, I’m sure this is just the same.

Fingers crossed for you- no doubt it will come together. And as said, when it does pics are mandatory.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is Stinky (the pup formerly known as Chip).
Stinky chased a skunk the other night, and we all learned quite a bit about skunk spray and remediation.
24DE1709-D44F-4308-A3ED-6B0E134E0305.jpeg
He’s been through at least 10 baths, and his head still stinks some.

Even though, he’s still mad relaxed when we are both home.
1B49E6F8-E288-4C1F-BF26-A7CE42CC2E8D.jpeg
Baloney level 13/10

He’s still damn cute, even if a little stinky
96E66EF0-2B3D-43A9-B287-71B45C6D0B2C.jpeg

He even got to meet Aunt Julie’s pup this weekend. They got along great.
BF0519B4-7C84-443B-A7DA-FC0390B62642.jpeg
Mrs Manic has me about convinced he needs a friend. Feelers are out for another Chug/Chi rescue

moray42

Merman
Zen got a little thing going on with his nose starting to clear up
Cleaning up the yard were the critters hide we think the digging is causing it
View attachment 167926
My parents’/family dog has had almost the same thing going on. Not really any certainty what caused it. He doesn’t dig, so we know it not that. It’s healing now, so hopefully yours heals up soon.

Guess I should also partake in the obligatory dog photos since I’ve been inactive for a while.
33E1B0A4-3F25-4EF0-A72A-9845E6C4FF57.jpeg
EFA3AB39-C4AC-49DE-9945-1F2292478AC8.jpeg

Last edited:

serviceguy

So I think it’s been basically said, but I think the higher bar for adoption probably reflects a few things pandemic related:
Demand is completely outstripping supply. Shelters were barren at a point during all this, so adoption agencies can and may need to raise the bar to parse all the requests.

Also stricter requirements can be about concern for the animals- there is probably a greater concern about placements- yeah, these folks want and can care for a dog right now, but is it going to live in a crate all day when they have to go back to the office?
And again, with all the requests, they can hold out for optimal placements.

All markets have seen shifts in ways no one could have predicted, I’m sure this is just the same.

Fingers crossed for you- no doubt it will come together. And as said, when it does pics are mandatory.
Adoption application has been approved by the shelter, valid for 7 months (or is it 6, 7 sounds weird). Waiting for someone to contact us and arrange to meet the pup...the phone has been silent for the last 2 days though so we're feeling kinda meh about it once again.

Last edited:

serviceguy

Adoption application has been approved by the shelter, valid for 7 months (or is it 6, 7 sounds weird). Waiting for someone to contact us and arrange to meet the pup...the phone has been silent for the last 2 days though so we're feeling kinda meh about it once again.
And now after approval was issue and we were waiting to meet the pup, they think he ‘may’ not be a good fit based on info that was nowhere to be found on their info initially provided…but they have 65+ other dogs available at an event during the week end…I’m livid right now! I know it’s weird but I had already developed a bond with this dog even without seeing him. We’re scheduling to meet next week to check if there’s a chance.

SmooveP

This is Stinky (the pup formerly known as Chip).
Stinky chased a skunk the other night, and we all learned quite a bit about skunk spray and remediation.
View attachment 167938
He’s been through at least 10 baths, and his head still stinks some.

Even though, he’s still mad relaxed when we are both home.
View attachment 167939
Baloney level 13/10

He’s still damn cute, even if a little stinky
View attachment 167940

He even got to meet Aunt Julie’s pup this weekend. They got along great.
View attachment 167941
Mrs Manic has me about convinced he needs a friend. Feelers are out for another Chug/Chi rescue
Oh no! Mojo got skunked a few years back. Let her out of the house right before we went to bed, and we didn't notice until she was back in the house rubbing up against the sofa, chairs, etc. Fun trying to find all of the magic ingredients at 11:00 at night.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh no! Mojo got skunked a few years back. Let her out of the house right before we went to bed, and we didn't notice until she was back in the house rubbing up against the sofa, chairs, etc. Fun trying to find all of the magic ingredients at 11:00 at night.
Very similar situation here.
We are now fully stocked for skunkageddon.

iman29

And now after approval was issue and we were waiting to meet the pup, they think he ‘may’ not be a good fit based on info that was nowhere to be found on their info initially provided…but they have 65+ other dogs available at an event during the week end…I’m livid right now! I know it’s weird but I had already developed a bond with this dog even without seeing him. We’re scheduling to meet next week to check if there’s a chance.

I’m guessing this is 11th Hour rescue? They have an event near me a few towns over around horseshoe lake this weekend.

Maybe it will all work out and you get the one you want. Fingers crossed

serviceguy

I’m guessing this is 11th Hour rescue? They have an event near me a few towns over around horseshoe lake this weekend.

Maybe it will all work out and you get the one you want. Fingers crossed
Yep, them. Actually their trainer called and explained that this dog can be a little too much for a 1st timer and while very obedient seems to respond more to males than to females. He didn't exclude this could work out but we'll see. He will 'assess' if we are 'dog adoption material' tomorrow while we're at the event, they have 65+ dogs so we can probably find an alternative anyway (the do won't be at the event as he doesn't like to be in a crate for a long period of time, I don't blame him).

iman29

Over the weekend we had our first official dog visitor in my house when my wife’s aunt uncle and cousin came for my sons bday. They have a new puppy some kind of mini poodle mix breed (Zoe) and they don’t yet leave her alone.

Luckily the rain and wind stopped long enough for us to introduce them outside. Shelby is trained to have minimal reaction to other dogs and animals so this would be the first up close and personal test to see how she behaves.

Once they both came inside it was pretty good and they did the usual sniffing and such with Zoe exploring the house.

Zoe is about 10lbs and Shelby is 60lbs so there was a little concern on the size difference but after they settled down a bit it really went very well. They even played a bit together running around the family room and playful barking.

This was the result at the end of the evening they really seemed to bond well and it makes for good future visits. Very happy with the outcome all around.

4C509277-2B11-4062-877A-297020B52D80.jpeg

Top Bottom