• P1010632.jpg
    P1010632.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 693
  • P1010630-1.jpg
    P1010630-1.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 643

THATmanMANNY

missed USGP UCI mens race & for good reason

A little of everything... just like the way I like my women. ;)
I present my custom road/cross/commute/ss/FIXIE :D
I dunno if I'll use it as a cross bike but it sure it purrrty.

IMG_0047.jpg

Last edited:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Hey Manny...

This is the post your CYCLOCROSS BIKE thread!! That means you have to do a 'cross race now otherwise you need to post it somewhere else:D

-Jim.

THATmanMANNY

fine...

I would love to take on 30 degree weather & high winds in wetness and mud because I want to :confused:. My only condition is those LUNA racers have to be there :D

THATmanMANNY

You running that w/o a singulator?

No. They are vertical dropouts but the gearing and chain tension is perfect with the teeth on the chain ring and cog right now. It works perfect. The vertical drops have a little play to them to tension the chain, if done correctly. If I wanted to change gearing I would have to add/remove links and see if it works.

Wobbegong

No. They are vertical dropouts but the gearing and chain tension is perfect with the teeth on the chain ring and cog right now. It works perfect. The vertical drops have a little play to them to tension the chain, if done correctly. If I wanted to change gearing I would have to add/remove links and see if it works.

Did you figure out what is up with the fix gear side?

THATmanMANNY

Did you figure out what is up with the fix gear side?

The owner walked me over the procedure to tighten chain, but I didn't try it yet. He said the cogs have the same circumference but something bout I have to loosen chain ring, and sping wheels, and "walk back" the wheel a little at a time while tightening it down. :confused: Mentioned something bout how all chain rings aren't perfect etc something bout float etc... He owns Guy's Bicycles and this is his bike and that whatever he said to do works... so I guess he knows what he is talking about? :rolleyes: I'll try it tonight.

EDIT: The procedure does pick up some slack and it worked a little until I saw the cog say 17T!!! haha. So he's sending me an 18T now, which it is suppose to be.

Last edited:

THATmanMANNY

I needed a road bike with gears so I updated my previous posted fix/SS cross bike. I just can't part with the sweet color. Only the saddle and brakes were carried over. It's going to mostly be my road bike so it has 34/50 but I will get a 36 or 38 and have that be my cross ring. This is my first build and I did all the wrenching myself. I have one more goody coming but it came out just the way I imagined. I'm all giddy :D

04994378.jpg

9bfc8f30.jpg

c4040028.jpg

59737f51.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom