Post your Cat =^..^=

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
I got a new office chair a week or so ago and didn't get rid of the old one yet, but now it seems like someone else has claimed it. I had it on the other side of the room, but this morning Paul Pawsby came in, hopped up and sat and stared at me across the room. So I rolled him back by my desk and he was just over the moon. He sat there and purred for twenty minutes and then eventually fell asleep and has been here now for over an hour. I may have to build some cubicle walls around both of us to give him that full office experience.

Pawsbychair.jpg

iman29

Someone left the basement door open and Melody came to find me for her first trip into the new cleaned out space. I literally think she said WTF but maybe I was hearing things.

she immediately claimed her spot and helped contain the mouse. 🤪

E128B454-A613-41D0-82F8-8D19C32FE169.jpegDE166814-BA20-464D-8321-7CD52DF399F0.jpeg77069395-3A07-410E-A48D-2FB51C66EDB9.jpeg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Apparently Frankie has a new friend. Juvenile red fox.
I threw some old bread under the feeder, and the fox found it.
He must have been hungry cause he was ignoring the cat, which every time the fox put his head down,
snuck another step closer.

1599959293428.png

They were also negotiating a bit.

1599959482209.png

Fox usually doesn't want to mess with a cat - would win the battle, but the damage in the field might not be survivable....

serviceguy

On Saturday we were going to euthanize Bubba due to the worsening of his diabetes because of acromegaly.

His blood sugar is constantly in the 500 even with two daily shots of 26 units insulin. In addition to that his chin is now evidently protruding and his front paws are getting bigger, he stopped grooming for the most part so his long hair was all knotted. I'll spare you the details on his bathroom habits.

A couple of hours before the scheduled appointment he was screaming to get out of the house, I let him out and he was very attentive and following the cars on the street, went for a survey of the property, had a mouth full of catnip and when called came promptly (very slowly). I couldn't bear the thought of putting him down while he's acting as a normal cat so we cancelled the vet appointment and bought more insulin...$$$.

Later during the day he proceeded to attempt and scratch me when I brushed him ad removed the knots from his fur, and on Sunday I caught him while settling to take a dump in my rotary tool bag, I had just a second to pull him out of there and he relieved himself on the floor...

We had to dial down the insulin so it lasts until the new batch comes in, we'll see how it goes.

Is it cruel to let him be as it is given the circumstances? He doesn't seem to be in any pain and he actually seems smarter (I wonder if acromegaly being a pituitary tumor happens to have any effect on his brain). He's just very demanding and a lot more combative (he used to be the mellowest and well behaved of cats, now not so much).

Top Bottom