Post your beater, commuter, ect...

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
I have just entered the electronic era by purchasing a digital camera. I need help loading photos that will appear as full screen shots rather than thumbnails. Can someone please help me? Anyway here is a beater I finished yesterday, My uncle Jer gave me the wheels, they came back on warranty from someone who didnt like the noise from the rear hub(King whineing sound). Anyway please offer suggestions to get propler looking photos. Thanks.

Attachments

• beater2 (6).jpg
    beater2 (6).jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 83

The Kalmyk

I have just entered the electronic era by purchasing a digital camera. I need help loading photos that will appear as full screen shots rather than thumbnails. Can someone please help me? Anyway here is a beater I finished yesterday, My uncle Jer gave me the wheels, they came back on warranty from someone who didnt like the noise from the rear hub(King whineing sound). Anyway please offer suggestions to get propler looking photos. Thanks.

Funny,I don't know how to post thumbnails.I use photobucket as my host. They provide direction on their site. What grips are you thinking about putting on that thing. Nice bike though it's more commuter than beater:D.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Funny,I don't know how to post thumbnails.I use photobucket as my host. They provide direction on their site. What grips are you thinking about putting on that thing. Nice bike though it's more commuter than beater:D.

The grips are on already, black electrical, entire bike is shaker can BBQ grill black, I've lost a few bikes in fires, this one will wistand up to 600 deg.!!!!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
As posted in my riding thread....

I recently found an old steel Shogun and it is now my commuter/ psuedo-cross bike. The paint job is awesome and I just touched it up with some por-15.

I polished the brakes and cranks with some polishing compound and a dremel. The chainrings and chain came super clean and almost look new. Swicthed out the saddle because it was like a rock. J at Halters dug out some old bars and a stem that fit me better and I threw on some modern brake lever since the old ones were UBER uncomfortable. Silver bar tape and blue housing. Got some cross tires and poof, nice versitile commuter. Check out the seat bag I dug out at Halters!

The weak link on this bike is the wheelset but I will stick with 'em until they get beat up. I saw some sweet vuelta blue rims with a flip-flop hub which may be an idea for the future. Fixie? SS?

So now I have a cool commuter, a chrome bag. Bring on the knickers and roadie hat and I'll be set!

Thanks to Spence, just because.

Attachments

• shogun1.jpg
    shogun1.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 55
  • shogun2.jpg
    shogun2.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 35
  • shogun3.jpg
    shogun3.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 20
  • shogun4.jpg
    shogun4.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 19

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
The weak link on this bike is the wheelset but I will stick with 'em until they get beat up. I saw some sweet vuelta blue rims with a flip-flop hub which may be an idea for the future. Fixie? SS?

Nice bike, it would be nice to see some fixies here as well. Around here its alot of beach cruisers, litterally thousands of them, we get alot of choppers, rats, shaker can-stolen, and fresh out of the showroom cruisers. Mines a 20 year old schwinn.

betta285

Every day it takes me to and from class and all around campus.
IMG_4366.jpg

Dean S

Other days I roll to work/store/errands/partys/grandmas house on this 70's Raleigh Grand Prix
2717348522_8d01cdd24b.jpg

Don't get me started...

Here's my favorite commuter.. my red Stumpy...

2749629947_cb8395b062.jpg

but there are others... my most recent creations include my Salsa 650B Roadster and the Kogswell P/R (also 650B wheels)... I feel like I died and went to commuter heaven, owning these gems....

Check em out at http://www.flickr.com/photos/16461051@N04/sets/

Peace and Safe Commuting,
MBB :cool:

Last edited:

Mare

I need help loading photos that will appear as full screen shots rather than thumbnails.

Heehee. I asked that like 3 times on here and got answers, but still have not been able to do it. Off to photobucket to experiment.

Top Bottom