Post a picture of your next bike part or mtb gear on order!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's a comfort thing. Yes Carbon is lighter and claim to have flex built in. I don't think they bend as much as they claim. My hands and forearms are killing me after a ride. I had aluminum on all my previous bikes.
Maybe try the sq lab 30x 16° sweep bars, it's helped me tremendously. Puts my hands in a better position. I also benefited using their 611 grips but that's more personal as they are thick which I prefer.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
It's a comfort thing. Yes Carbon is lighter and claim to have flex built in. I don't think they bend as much as they claim. My hands and forearms are killing me after a ride. I had aluminum on all my previous bikes.
This is why I replaced the Pivot carbon bar I had on my Mach 6 with an OneUp carbon bar that is supposed to flex more. To be honest I couldn't tell the difference but at least I'm not limited to what grips I can use with the OneUp.

one piece crank

img_98286276631ad3.jpeg

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Maybe try the sq lab 30x 16° sweep bars, it's helped me tremendously. Puts my hands in a better position. I also benefited using their 611 grips but that's more personal as they are thick which I prefer.
The Salsa bars are an alternative if looking for more sweep but not as much as 16° as they are 11°

I'm surprised there's not more bars in the 11°/12° range. I went with the Salsa as they offer them without rise.

JDurk

This is why I replaced the Pivot carbon bar I had on my Mach 6 with an OneUp carbon bar that is supposed to flex more. To be honest I couldn't tell the difference but at least I'm not limited to what grips I can use with the OneUp.
I assume you're talking about the Pivot grips with that wedge thingy?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Some carbon bars are designed to be super stiff, the same as some aluminum bars are design to flex more. On my sons bike I have the enve trail bar and it is noticeably flexy compared to the PNW Loam bar I was using.
I am on the Oneup bar now and man, what a great carbon bar, I would say on the stiffer side of the spectrum.

Double check that you have the bar rotated correctly and we assume you have the correct stem length/height. Could be a number of different things going on.

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Some carbon bars are designed to be super stiff, the same as some aluminum bars are design to flex more. On my sons bike I have the enve trail bar and it is noticeably flexy compared to the PNW Loam bar I was using.
I am on the Oneup bar now and man, what a great carbon bar, I would say on the stiffer side of the spectrum.

Double check that you have the bar rotated correctly and we assume you have the correct stem length/height. Could be a number of different things going on.
Good point.
I'm going with a 10mm higher rise and Stock 40mm stem reach. Possibly a new stem in the future.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I wish bike manufacturers gave a choice on crank size. Pedal strikes be damn. My man Ian just couldn't fit in a special request.
Screenshot_20220512-104050_Chrome.jpg

mwlikesbikes

Yeah, what's up with that?
Padlok grips. A solution to a problem that does not exist.
The stock alloy bar that came on my 429 has it, I swapped to a carbon bar. I tried my ergon grips on it and I think if you use a lock in grip with the clamp only on the inside you should be able to put whatever grip you like.

JDurk

Padlok grips. A solution to a problem that does not exist.
The stock alloy bar that came on my 429 has it, I swapped to a carbon bar. I tried my ergon grips on it and I think if you use a lock in grip with the clamp only on the inside you should be able to put whatever grip you like.
I guess they got enough complaints about it. Elon Musk didn't buy Pivot, did he? LOL.
I made my original comment assuming I didn't have them. Just pulled 1 off and confirmed, no wedgie. Trying hard to convince myself I don't need to buy the carbon bars from @Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST. But if I do eventually get carbon bars, do I go with OneUp bars based on @stb222 comments?

serviceguy

I have been running RF Next R since I built my Fugitive, 800m wide. I do not ride that much but I ride that bike mostly on my local rather rocky trail and I didn't notice any particular discomfort. But I also ride carbon bars (Salsa Rustler/Salt Flats) on all my bikes, including rigid SS and sometimes on the same trails. Could just be the position.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I made my original comment assuming I didn't have them. Just pulled 1 off and confirmed, no wedgie. Trying hard to convince myself I don't need to buy the carbon bars from @Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST. But if I do eventually get carbon bars, do I go with OneUp bars based on @stb222 comments?
I do like the Oneup bars and they have a unique shape that supposedly makes them stronger. I am 175 lbs and “light” on the bike so am not particularly hard on parts .

Top Bottom