Possibly the best thing about riding at Wharton ...

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
On Saturday night, I cleaned my bike up to get the pounds of Wissahickon schist off after three rides there this past week. I did a full detail job - broke it down, cleaned all the parts (re-greasing as necessary), even polished the frame. Then yesterday I took it out to Wharton and did almost 50 miles. This is what it looked like when I was done:

b1.jpg

B2.jpg

b3.jpg

Barely a spec of dirt anywhere. As mind-numbingly similar every inch of Wharton can get after a while, when everything is frozen and dry out there, it's like your bike after a ride can be cleaner than when you arrived.

mnk

I agree. It's a good place this time of year. Wouldn't want to be there during chiggers season, however ;)

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Did 3 hours of zwift and my my bike just had snot on it, otherwise it was clean AF still

1speed

No, flex as in I’m going to start this clean bike thread to tell everyone I rode 50 miles
Yeah, I'm *really* not that guy. I'd say look at my ride history, but you know what? Don't bother.
Solid ride. How free of trees are these trails right now?
The main loop is nearly completely clear - some small stuff laying around where last year's controlled burn but that's it. Blue had a burn last year, too, and that's kind of a mess in spots - not so much fallen trees as the new low brush is growing out over the trail in spots so it's hard to see around bends.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Yeah, I'm *really* not that guy. I'd say look at my ride history, but you know what? Don't bother.

The main loop is nearly completely clear - some small stuff laying around where last year's controlled burn but that's it. Blue had a burn last year, too, and that's kind of a mess in spots - not so much fallen trees as the new low brush is growing out over the trail in spots so it's hard to see around bends.
I just liked every non zwift ride back til September, hopefully that helps

1speed

I just liked every non zwift ride back til September, hopefully that helps
Okay. Okay. You can go back to whatever other petty, small things you do with your life now. You "made your point" I guess ... ??? ...

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
On Saturday night, I cleaned my bike up to get the pounds of Wissahickon schist off after three rides there this past week. I did a full detail job - broke it down, cleaned all the parts (re-greasing as necessary), even polished the frame. Then yesterday I took it out to Wharton and did almost 50 miles. This is what it looked like when I was done:

Barely a spec of dirt anywhere. As mind-numbingly similar every inch of Wharton can get after a while, when everything is frozen and dry out there, it's like your bike after a ride can be cleaner than when you arrived.
Carry GPS and find the good spots along the Wading River. Than meander up to Nixons for an egg and porkroll sandwich. Frozen sand roads are as quick and fun as whoop-de-doo'd pavement.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions