Possible loop around the Boonton Reservoir.

kidzach

Great news until I read that the sierra goons are involved. You can forget mountain biking

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i was biking there in the 70s. might have been on a schwinn with a banana seat, but we were down there.
Just need to get someone involved - perhaps we can build their second stage trails in parallel with the first?

these trails will actually create legal access to a place everyone uses illegally. I remember when they started issuing
kayak/canoeing permits 100 years ago. it was revolutionary!

and yes, i jumped off the bridge.

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
Wait, are there trails in there now? Asking for a friend.

yes. from the end of monroe street (the hurricane washed them out there) all the way to the damn on the boonton side.
from the bridge to 287 on the parsippany side, and to the cove with the island.
boonton side was decent -
parsippany side was a mess - mostly hike to fish.

this is what i heard.

BPaze

yes. from the end of monroe street (the hurricane washed them out there) all the way to the damn on the boonton side.
from the bridge to 287 on the parsippany side, and to the cove with the island.
boonton side was decent -
parsippany side was a mess - mostly hike to fish.

this is what i heard.
That’s explains why I was always seeing cars parked on green pond rd wondered where they went

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

I've seen what looked like a woods road that seems to have been destroyed. My friend is running out of things to explore in this area and was briefly excited.

Patrick

Staff member
I've seen what looked like a woods road that seems to have been destroyed. My friend is running out of things to explore in this area and was briefly excited.

eyes got nuttin past lots of youthful exploration...

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
We really could use an advocate to jump in here as soon as possible. Even if the main trail is paved, it would provide a sensible alternative transportation option in a very congested and dangerous area for cyclists. My interpretation from the article is that it may not be going that way.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
i was biking there in the 70s. might have been on a schwinn with a banana seat, but we were down there.
Just need to get someone involved - perhaps we can build their second stage trails in parallel with the first?

these trails will actually create legal access to a place everyone uses illegally. I remember when they started issuing
kayak/canoeing permits 100 years ago. it was revolutionary!

and yes, i jumped off the bridge.

We used to jump off the bridge as well, used to wear old sneakers so that we could bolt when the cops came.

I don't see Jersey City letting this happen, and like Zach says slim chance for MTB with the Sierra fools involved. Would be nice though if they started issuing permits for kayaks or canoes, biiiiig fish in there. Alternatively, given its accessible location, it would quickly become a shit-show if everyone was suddenly allowed unrestricted fishing. I still catch some huge smallies that swim up into the river..

Top Bottom