Port Jervis Pumptrack - 6/2, Sunday 9AM

DownhillR3

Hey all,

Been spending a lot of time at this new gem up in Port Jervis, NY since the opening a few days ago. I have no affiliation with the track or the OutdoorclubPJ who is maintaining it but want to share it with the rest of the local bike community.
IT IS FREE TO RIDE!
Beginner and Advanced separate tracks (see attached photo)
Also only 2 miles from the Port Jervis XC trail network. So bring your XC bikes too for some awesome trail riding.
KID Friendly! So many youngsters have been there ripping, awesome to see. They have a few free rental helmets/bikes as well.

I'll be there providing some shade, chairs, cooler full of drinks and snacks. Super fun place...hangout, ride and watch. Brought a crew of about 10 friends out last weekend and looking to do it again. I'm happy to provide tips on how to ride a pumptrack, skills, etc. In case others want to come ride with friends or try something new without being intimidated going alone.

Where:
Riverside Park, Port Jervis, NY
behind the baseball fields
drive through yellow gate down gravel road .1 mile

When:
June 2, 9AM-1PM

Who:
All ages

Price:
Free

Preferred bike in order:
Hardtail / BMX
MTB
Beach Cruiser ;)
Skateboard/scooter :)

Feel free to direct message if you plan on coming.

Attachments

• 59796372_1094260544094572_2180852861787223918_n.jpg
    59796372_1094260544094572_2180852861787223918_n.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 2,078

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Will double up soon xc/24" cruzers
How SS friendly are the xc trails up that way for a mooch local

Hakimaki

I'm thinking of bringing my 5 year old there this Sunday as I'll be visiting my mother who lives 30min away. Can't wait to check this place out.

DownhillR3

Will double up soon xc/24" cruzers
How SS friendly are the xc trails up that way for a mooch local

Definately some elevation but manageable. I prefer gears over torture. :)

I'm thinking of bringing my 5 year old there this Sunday as I'll be visiting my mother who lives 30min away. Can't wait to check this place out.

Sweet, so many youngsters. Hope to see you out there.

Last edited:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Got up here today, fan fugging tastic!
Plan was bring the teens up, drop them off at PT and head to watershed trails. Mission accomplished, then the old man took half dozen laps. That place is a must do, so many lines. Oh and those trails in watershed are just as amazing. Will rinse and repeat as the teens and myself already want to go back.

Hakimaki

Just checked it out late today, it was freaking awesome. I didn't get to fully enjoy the track as my main focus was introducing my kids to the kiddie track (which they had a lot of fun doing). Gotta come back alone and try the local trails and then pump till I drop.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Got up here today, fan fugging tastic!
Plan was bring the teens up, drop them off at PT and head to watershed trails. Mission accomplished, then the old man took half dozen laps. That place is a must do, so many lines. Oh and those trails in watershed are just as amazing. Will rinse and repeat as the teens and myself already want to go back.

Watershed?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
port jervis water shed park

Reservoir Ave, Port Jervis, NY 12771

https://g.co/kgs/Kw6o15

Unless your making fun of the oxymoron then lol
Grammar took a back seat in HS along with my date at the time

Oh no no, I didn’t realize you meant PJ. Thought you were talking about yet another trail system. I gotcha now.

DownhillR3

Yup, super fun day. Glad you guys got out, bummer we didn't link up.

Dialed in 7 miles on the pumptrack alone throughout the middle portion of the day, even with the crowd.

Top Bottom