Port Jervis new Trail System

I have about 2 hours to explore here tomorrow. Anyone have suggestions on a good loop that incorporates some of the best stuff? Best place to park?
this is a day late, hope you found something to ride, Maps are getting redone soon, and better signage/trail blazes are getting put up everyday. That said a good start is to park at the lot on top of skyline drive:

Key trails to checkout, Turntable, Hula, campground, Scoutshonor, pricecheck, starcrawf, waltskeep lost bear, djdowns in that order. there are new trails that conect and explore other sections but these are not mapped yet. This loop will get you 15 miles or so.

Also Towpath is fun and the trail that starts and finished at that parking lot(not mapped) is about 1 mile long and a nice warm up. go right at the yellow gate to find it. stay right.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Key trails to checkout, Turntable, Hula, campground, Scoutshonor, pricecheck, starcrawf, waltskeep lost bear, djdowns in that order. there are new trails that conect and explore other sections but these are not mapped yet. This loop will get you 15 miles or so.

Any chance you've got a strava or garmin connect link for this loop? I also need to get up there to check out those trails.

J-Dro

this is a day late, hope you found something to ride, Maps are getting redone soon, and better signage/trail blazes are getting put up everyday. That said a good start is to park at the lot on top of skyline drive:

Also Towpath is fun and the trail that starts and finished at that parking lot(not mapped) is about 1 mile long and a nice warm up. go right at the yellow gate to find it. stay right.

This is awesome, thanks. I'm about to head out there in a couple of hours and this is exactly what I was looking for.

Any chance you've got a strava or garmin connect link for this loop? I also need to get up there to check out those trails.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 8.59.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 8.59.27 PM.png
    550 KB · Views: 173
also call TC at Action Bikes and Outdoors shop, he might find you a tourguide, he also has weekend shop rides in the watershed trails.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
also call TC at Action Bikes and Outdoors shop, he might find you a tourguide, he also has weekend shop rides in the watershed trails.

OK thanks. TC sold me my first mountain bike back in 2009 when he was at Marty's in Hackettstown.

monkeybike

Checked this place out last week, will definitely be back! I think it should have it's own thread in the trail section. Some sections leave you feeling pretty exposed, which is always fun.

Top Bottom