pool hollow rd parking

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I always park at skyline if I ride ramapo, but I would think Barbara drive would be the preferred spot to park on the south end? Near ye olde tainted DuPont soil. I know I’ve ended up at the condo complex before but wouldn’t try to park there. But I would defer to someone else who actually parks in the area.

JerseyPete

Max, what time will you be there? Early morning, no problem. Weekends, it is hit or miss. Park opposite the houses, I suggest opposite the second house.
Barbara Dr. was off limits with a guard there. He is no longer there, but unless Max knows where he is going I would not suggest it.
Pierson Miller Dr is the condos and is private.
Max, be careful. Lots of bear activity in Ramapo.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Max, what time will you be there? Early morning, no problem. Weekends, it is hit or miss. Park opposite the houses, I suggest opposite the second house.
Barbara Dr. was off limits with a guard there. He is no longer there, but unless Max knows where he is going I would not suggest it.
Pierson Miller Dr is the condos and is private.
Max, be careful. Lots of bear activity in Ramapo.

I'm trying to map out bottom of ramapo to shepherds lake in ringwood

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Top of Skyline has been insane the past few months. At the hour you're likely to start it won't be a problem if you wanted to start there though. I've started at Pool Hollow Rd a few times, and it's fine. There's space for a few cars in maybe two spots opposite the houses (on the right side).

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Let me know when you go, I’ll give it a shot. I’ve ridden from the top of skyline over to trails behind the school and that was a trek. That’s without starting in pompton lakes.
I wanted to start early like 6 or 630

I think @BPaze would joint at TOS as I am telling him to right now lol

BPaze

I wanted to start early like 6 or 630

I think @BPaze would joint at TOS as I am telling him to right now lol
I'll join from wherever you start and ride as long as I can depending on temperature and afternoon plans. I have always wanted to do this ride. Going to start resting and reducing weekday workouts to keep my body fresh. Yoga next 2 days.

BPaze

@BPaze are you joining from the beginning or top of skyline?

I'll join from wherever you start and ride as long as I can depending on temperature and afternoon plans. I have always wanted to do this ride. Going to start resting and reducing weekday workouts to keep my body fresh. Yoga next 2 days.
@Patrick wow almost any thread I try to post in that has a bunch of posts has the time issue

roc

I'd like to do Saturday as my sister in law will be in town so I get a pass to enjoy my self
I just thought long and hard, this ride is a beast. I did 16 and change a few times over the last 10 days at Stephens and probably could have done a little more. But this is a sufferfest! From barbara drive to Shepard is probably 10 miles, maybe @JimN , knows, he’s probably done it. Maybe 2000 ft total climbing, if not more over 20 technical miles, I am going to say, that I can’t handle it.
good luck to you.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I just thought long and hard, this ride is a beast. I did 16 and change a few times over the last 10 days at Stephens and probably could have done a little more. But this is a sufferfest! From barbara drive to Shepard is probably 10 miles, maybe @JimN , knows, he’s probably done it. Maybe 2000 ft total climbing, if not more over 20 technical miles, I am going to say, that I can’t handle it.
good luck to you.

I don't think I can either, I wanted to do this in the fall but there is an opportunity so I have to take it and try. Fully expect failure

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions