• yes

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • no

Votes: 19 44.2%

• Total voters

Mountain Bike Mike

utah you need to learn how to create paragraphs, see the post above yours

WTF?

His brilliance was not in Grammar or sentence / paragraph structure (clearly) but in THE FACT THAT HE OUT SMARTED THE A-HOLES AND GOT AWAY WITH THE FIGHT!!!

Some people... Huh... Right over his head...

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
utah you need to learn how to create paragraphs, see the post above yours

totally apologize for that, I was on a conf call and my boss was hovering around my desk this morning, so I wrote it in really small, minimized window.

fixed

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
OK here's my story. During/after high school we would occasionally go to Stotesbury's mansion (you can google it to see what it looked like - it's gone now) outside of philly. Huge mansion that looked like the white house that was trashed - kids would hang out and it was really creepy inside - 3 floors above ground and 3 floors below. So one night my genius friend and I go there and drop microdot acid - worst place in the world to be tripping. We get so freaked out we don't last long and high tail it out. Back at the car parked in a nearby neighborhood, cops see us running out of the property and heading for the car. They stop us and shit hits the fan.

First they look in the car - they find a few joints and a pipe so we are now in some serious trouble. They open the trunk - my friend was an avid grouse hunter - and there's 3-4 shorter barrel shotguns in there. Now we are totally screwed. The cop says he's taking us to the station, and then proceeds to pat us down. Did I mention I have 2 ounces of weed down my pants? Incredibly, he doesn't find it - but does say something to the effect of "what's that (around my junk)"?. I babbled "what do you think?" and amazingly it worked. But we still figure we'll get strip searched at the station so it's only delaying the inevitable.

At the station, they split us up and question us, but no more searches (again incredibly). Still with residual effects of acid, we are freaking out internally, but manage to keep it together. They call my friend's dad (my dad was out) and confirm the hunting guns, so that's ok, but they still have the small amount of weed they found. My uncle was chief of police in the town I'm from so since my dad was out, they called him. He worked some magic and they released us without charges. Had to be one of the luckiest days of my life!

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
totally apologize for that, I was on a conf call and my boss was hovering around my desk this morning, so I wrote it in really small, minimized window.

fixed

just read, thank you, i picture the scene like this
the_outsiders10.jpg

pinkshirtphotos

I ran from few of them (cops) eventually it caught up with me. 600 ml of bacardi gold and a foot race against the sober odds I lost. I took refuge two days later shacked with a hunney and opened the door for the bacon worst time for looking in the pantry. Last was an open contain and I was not drunk enough for dwi yet so I got pulled in (the police station) and blew the hose. 7 months sober.

grilledcheeseking

I almost got arrested for robbing a bank

I've had a few conversations with authorities over the years, but the best one happened maybe six years ago. I was detained/cuffed/appeared in a one man lineup on the side of Rt. 206 just north of Princeton by the airport.

After a few cruisers surrounded me (I was stopped at a red light), an officer instructed me to get off the bike, tackled and cuffed me, then told me to take my helmet off. Sorry sir, that is going to be difficult given my current circumstances. He had no understanding of how a helmet strap works and grew frustrated as I walked him through the process. Once the helmet was off, he threw it to the ground, braking the hinges that the shield pivots on.

The officers told me they thought I had robbed a bank and was making a getaway on my motorcycle. 4-5 officers stared at my bike and looked for the secret stash spot, while a couple more rifled through my backpack and touched my sweaty basketball shorts/socks/etc.

They let me go with a broken helmet and not so much as an apology for wasting an hour of my time. I wonder if they ever found the bank robbing m'cycle bandit.

rick81721

Lothar
Yeah, Rick thats a great 70's story.

It's funny - at that time I thought my uncle was a real hard-ass, but he never told my dad. He gave me shit about it for decades - in fact he still does - but never blabbed. I thought that was pretty cool

Jesus Rick. That sounds like the worst place to trip ever on top of being the worst possible outcome of a trip. Did your uncle/cops ever find out about the balls being tripped over?

And how is 2 ozs a small amount of weed??

How does one get a police cheif uncle?

Last edited:

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Some of my best blackouts ended when I 'came to' chained to a bench, followed by the question, 'how did I get here?', then a bunch a laughter at my expense. Coming up on 5 years, hang in there pink shirt. Only thing more embarrassing as those nights are the ones where you get run out of a house with no clothes on, I hate when that happens.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
In '04 I was arrested for street racing. Lost my license and cost me a ton of money in legal fees. That was the year I started bicycle commuting. I ended up losing 80 pounds and falling in love with my bike so it was a blessing in disguise. From then on out I also only played with my car on the track, lesson learned.

-Jim.

rick81721

Lothar
Jesus Rick. That sounds like the worst place to trip ever on top of being the worst possible outcome of a trip. Did your uncle/cops ever find out about the balls being tripped over?

And how is 2 ozs a small amount of weed??

How does one get a police cheif uncle?

Yeah it was the worst possible place - had no idea what we were thinking. That place was bad enough straight. One time we got stuck there before sunset (some adults saw us, not sure if they were cops) and we hid under brush in the gardens. As it got dark, could've sworn we heard old 30s music playing - pretty creepy. Anywho, cops never found the 2 oz!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Plenty of fun times in my past, for sure.

The first bit of trouble was when we broke into the grade school and stole the 5 pound Hershey bar that was meant for the class that won the magazine sale. While not technically arrested, the authorities were involved and we got caught. Did not have to deal with any legal issues then, however. I was in 8th grade. My career of organized crime was just beginning.

At some point after that the group of us made friends with the cops, which really meant that the cops were always chasing us or catching us. There were 2 cops in town, jack and some other guy. Jack was always known as Jack the Cop or Jack the Dick. The other guy was nameless. I had 2 run-ins of note with Jack, or maybe more. I'm sure it was more like 50 but 2 come to mind.

First was us doing something not good, who knows what it was, in town. Jack said fuck it, and just went straight to my house looking for me. I wasn't there, I was out drinking somewhere. My parents were a little pissed. Nothing came of this either.

One time we were at a bonfire at Pine Hollow, a sort of abandoned piece of land way in the middle of nowhere. You had to walk down 2-3 miles of railroad tracks to get there, or score a ride with someone who had a car. Well we were there, the bonfire was massive. Someone had managed to get 100s of pallets, and it was roaring. These tracks were still active so trains would occasionally go by. I mean huge freight trains. Well 1 train stops and tells us all that the previous train called the police. We don't GAF. We all get on the train and start climbing around, and joking that we're going to go to Pittsburgh. Eventually we get off, the train leaves, and then the cops show up and round up a whole shitload of us. Jack personally chased me through the woods and caught me. After that, he & his partner made jokes when they would see me in town about how I needed to run in my spare time so I wouldn't get caught in the future. In the end they just let us go. How to you arrest 50 people? I'm pretty sure this wasn't even Bloomsbury, come to think of it.

Eventually the town realized that 2 cops for 1000 people was a waste of money and the state cops would drive by once an hour or whatever. First run-in there was when we built an 8+ foot snowman in the middle of the road. We then proceeded to have a massive war with another crew of friends in town, the battle of the snowman. We were on 1 side of the road and they on the other, and the real goal was to obliterate the cars that drove through with snowballs. In the end the cop drove through, we blasted it with snowballs, and ran like hell. Eventually we made our way to the general store which is where they came to get us, I think. That one was close, but the ex-police chief, who was a dad of 1 of my friends, talked them into letting us go. We just spend some QT in the back of the cruiser, no cuffs. They probably had no intention of actually arresting us, and were just trying to scare us.

Second time was the real deal. DWI at something like 17 years and 3 months. The real pisser is that we were just sitting in the car drinking, because it was too cold to drink outside. We wanted the heat. We got bored and drove like a mile to hit the truck stop for video games or food or both. On the way back we got snagged, taken to the station, put in a cell. When I called my step-father he asked, "What is it this time?" I actually stopped drinking & hanging out with the crew that I had wasted the previous 4-5 years of my life with at that point. Probably that was a good decision.

I was an awful child. God I hope our kids are not half as bad as I was. Shit, 1/4 would be a headache.

In college we did less outright bad stuff but then I started doing drugs. But it was amid a world where everyone did this, so it's not like we stood out. Various bits of trouble in the dorms the first 2 years eventually led me to be kicked out of them by the school. Luckily I was not expelled from school altogether. I honestly have no memory of what I did to earn this, maybe Woody remembers. But it was a series of bad things. Were the campus police involved? Who knows.

The only actual run-in with the law was, in all places, while hiking the AT with 3 of my friends later in college. They didn't care about the alcohol but the bag of refer was a no-no. They managed to find it despite the fact that 1 of my friends tried to hide it on the ground, directly between the 2 of them. Amazingly we almost dodged that bullet but as the ranger was about to walk away, he saw it. In the end, 1 of us had some weed on him, so took the fall for all of it since he was doomed anyway.

If I had to guess I have covered only a small fraction of the various run-ins with the law. But most of them were in the high school years when the cops were really just there to keep the town kids from killing themselves. Somehow they managed to do it, so in the end I guess Jack wasn't such a dick after all.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
So since you have a DWI as a minor, if you get snagged now does that mean you are a second time offender? Or did you go through a program to get it taken off your record?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So since you have a DWI as a minor, if you get snagged now does that mean you are a second time offender? Or did you go through a program to get it taken off your record?

No idea. I think at the time, if I was clean for 10 years it would set back to 0, but I really don't know. And I imagine the rules on this stuff are always moving. Given that it's 1 of those hot button issues, I imagine going back and chancing the history of the law is not out of the realm of possibility.

I did some sort of plan, which consisted of going to AA meetings and not drinking & driving for some length of time. 9 months maybe? In hindsight, it was a little fucked up to make a 17 year old do. The people in AA and a 17 year old have very little in common. It was obvious from the first day I went to 1 of those meetings that the people there were replacing 1 addiction (drinking) with 2 more (cigarettes & coffee). Back then smoking was still allowed inside some places, and the people who went to the meetings chain smoked and drank coffee the whole time. Thankfully I always hated cigarettes, they were disgusting to me.

I went to exactly the number of required meetings, not 1 more, not 1 less, and was done with it then. I was by no means an alcoholic, but it wasn't a bad thing to get my head on straight for a almost 2 years before college started. The crew I had been hanging out with were underachievers, to say the least. This was a good break from that influence.

I guess my whole life has been a series of me going to the extreme in everything I do.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I did some sort of plan, which consisted of going to AA meetings and not drinking & driving for some length of time. 9 months maybe? In hindsight, it was a little fucked up to make a 17 year old do. The people in AA and a 17 year old have very little in common. It was obvious from the first day I went to 1 of those meetings that the people there were replacing 1 addiction (drinking) with 2 more (cigarettes & coffee). Back then smoking was still allowed inside some places, and the people who went to the meetings chain smoked and drank coffee the whole time. Thankfully I always hated cigarettes, they were disgusting to me.

When I was arrested and charged at Kutztown, since I was a first time offender for something other than a vehicle violations, PA had a program to have the charge expunged from your record, so I entered the program. Turns out if was geared for alcohol and drug offenses and required me to see a drug and alcohol counselor fore a 6 month period with random drug testing and potential daily pee tests. During my evaluation appointment for that the lady kept asking why I was there and ultimately signed me out of that entire drug testing thing. 1 year probation was set to the lowest level and I saw the probation officer 2 times, probably because of people that were actually bad.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Arrested for:

DWI and contributing for the delinquency of a minor. (this offense was dropped) These happened at 2 different dates. This does not include all the stupid stuff I did when I was younger. If I was in a different situation growing up, I suspect I would of served some serious time in the slammer.

RobW

1st time- Bench warrant for unpaid seaside parking ticket at 19- I was street racing at the time too so I got nailed for that also.-freehold
2nd time was CDS-monroe
3rd was DWI after tailgating my friend on the way home... failed field tests- blew under the level once back at the station-franklin twp
4t- after working at night I would go see my friends cousin after work and go pick up a bag and smoke- well, this time I said, "wth are we going to a hotel to pickup? this better not be a setup"--on the way home I turn left on rt 27, notice this A-hole tailing me hard, turn right and Another car comes flying around me on the left.. long story short, they box me in and are screaming at me to get out of the F'n car while at gun point, I look down and next thing I know, im being thrown out of the car face first into the pavement and cuffed! all for two bags!

there I did it..... im a delinquent! lol

Top Bottom