Poisoned by geography

Rusty

So, I'm interested in the reaction to this, sort of wwyd (note I have kids and dogs)

In the last 4 consecutive days prior to this rain, neighbor arranged for the following:

Day 1 - Used an entire gallon spray jug of Round Up on the weeds in the goofy garden thing in the middle of our cul de sac. Followed up the roundup with about two pounds of PREEN.

Day 2 - Deer repellent guy comes, sprays some foul smelling fog all over all the trees and bushes in the yard.

Day 3 - Mosquito franchise guy comes and sprays the same yard/bushes, etc.

Day 4 - Exterminator

I'd at least like a warning, especially when my garage or windows are open and/or when the dogs are out...but there is no warning. This is like a monthly thing....

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
My neighbor pours cancer all over his lawn every week. I have just come to expect it. Last weekend our whole neighborhood reeked from Fairway Greens treating about half the lawns in the neighborhood at the same time. I don't have anything sprayed on my lawn and occasionally drop something for weeds.

To each their own. I wouldn't say anything. I would just keep an eye out for the trucks and close up the windows when they come by.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
, I'm interested in the reaction to this, sort of wwyd (note I have kids and dogs)
Homeowners applying pesticides are the scariest. They tend to not follow label rates and wing it.

Deer repellent is usually non toxic. You can ask what they sprayed.

Mosquito guy should have a pesticide license. You have a right to know what he is spraying. If it's a fogger you can be notified when applications are made to get kids and pets inside.

Exterminator should not affect your property. How where they applying?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The no lifers across the street who try to have God lawns are representive of this society. I was happy to see that my dandelion crop worked successfully as I blew those fuzzy heads over to my toxic friends.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
So, I'm interested in the reaction to this, sort of wwyd (note I have kids and dogs)

In the last 4 consecutive days prior to this rain, neighbor arranged for the following:

Day 1 - Used an entire gallon spray jug of Round Up on the weeds in the goofy garden thing in the middle of our cul de sac. Followed up the roundup with about two pounds of PREEN.

Day 2 - Deer repellent guy comes, sprays some foul smelling fog all over all the trees and bushes in the yard.

Day 3 - Mosquito franchise guy comes and sprays the same yard/bushes, etc.

Day 4 - Exterminator

I'd at least like a warning, especially when my garage or windows are open and/or when the dogs are out...but there is no warning. This is like a monthly thing....

1) Roundup (glycophosphate) is relatively low toxicity, you need to ingest it. Wash your veggies before you cook them, they're they more than likely are contaminated with it.

2) Deer repellent is harmless, it supposed to smell bad. The only deer repellent that works is a suppressed .556

3) mosquito stuff is probably a combo of malathion and some sort of permethrin. Low tox, hardly works, the only reason towns do it is to shut up the whining housewives.

4) exterminators are using permethrin or some other chrysanthemum extract. The good stuff is banned, although in parts of the world where people are dying from mosquito born illnesses, they still use DDT and Seven.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker

You've got to take what they say in these articles with a grain of salt, especially when they discuss autism. Anytime you want to panic everyone, throw autism into the mix. And lets remember, the whole link between vaccines and autism was proven to be bullshit, made-up data (although dumbasses like Jenny McCarthy didn't get the memo). Although I do agree that Monsanto sucks, because of unethical and shady dealings.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
You've got to take what they say in these articles with a grain of salt, especially when they discuss autism. Anytime you want to panic everyone, throw autism into the mix. And lets remember, the whole link between vaccines and autism was proven to be bullshit, made-up data (although dumbasses like Jenny McCarthy didn't get the memo). Although I do agree that Monsanto sucks, because of unethical and shady dealings.

True or not, sometimes this kind of stuff at least gets you thinking. So often the best practices of today become the mistakes of tommorow.

This is where a time machine would be really helpful. Go ahead like 200 years and find out what truths of today are laughable in the future.

I really want a time machine to take proper note of powder days.

Top Bottom