Point Peter Pounder this weekend!

A rider went down really hard today..think it was a Cat 2. I saw him laying face down. Ambulance had to be called, anyone know if that guy is okay?

Yes it was pro/cat1 rider. He spent the night in the local hospital as there were some serious concerns but I just heard that tests show no spinal cord injury and at the moment just a herniated disc. Very good news obviously. I’m not stating his name as I don’t know if he would want that. However your concern I’m sure is appreciated.

On another note, what a great place and an awesome day. I will definitely be back there to check out what seems to be lots more trails. Without question gets the award for the most scenic start finish line.
9E1540FA-6F88-4F40-AD04-96697024A228.jpeg

My only criticism with full intentions of it being constructive is to make sure EVERY trail marking is beyond idiot proof. I was leading my race (so had no one to follow) and blew one turn fairly early on but that was just a quick turn around and fight back a few places, but the critical one was at the base of the power line/tall grass entry. If the single cone was placed in the middle of that power line trail I likely would not have climbed that all the way to the top until I reached the road ?. Back tracked and still couldn’t see where to go as that grass was not nearly worn in as I would have suspected it would have been. I wasn’t the only one who did a similar thing although no one I spoke with rode it all the way to the road. It cost me a potential win but fortunately I made it back to 3rd. I don’t think will have an effect on series standings as that would have been a bummer. I will be the first to admit when I’m in the heat of the battle I could screw up a 2 sided cx taped off course...so mark the course as if complete morons like me are racing it?

the single cone was placed in the middle of that power line trail I likely would not have climbed that all the way to the top until I reached the road ?.
I think @jShort did the same thing a few yrs ago when he raced the course.
If anything else, you won't make that mistake again next year;)

I took a wrong turn and added an additional 2 miles onto my short loop. I didn't think the course was marked very well as I came to a few sections that made me stop and wonder which way to go, obviously it was a wrong turn. I think they should just have 1 loop instead of short, long and I think a combo loop was in there.
Cat 3, 1 loop, cat 2, 2 loop, cat 1, 3 loops. Just my thoughts.
I did love the trail and it was just a great day to race in the woods.

I just realized this, but Sven's link, if you go to the category and then click on the stopwatch image, it shows lap splits.

I wonder if this whole time I have been getting angry with their website not having lap splits and it's always been there...
Thanks. I seen that. The H2H results are usually easier to read and go through.

Back
Top Bottom