Plyometrics

THATmanMANNY

Well yesterday on a whim I decided to do some plyo's and some defensive slides, oh yea baby :D you know what they are. I don't know what I was thinking cause today my thighs and ass and lower back are real sore. More sore than from being in the saddle. I'm not new to plyo's but then I haven't done them for nearly a year. It improves your ball game a lot, but this is a good link to try it out if your new to plyometrics: plyometrics for cycling. Forgive the lance jargon, but take in the concept and click on the workout links at the bottom.

Last edited:

jimjo

back when i was playing soccer competively (a long time ago) we used to dread plyo days... no matter what time of the season it was or how conditioned we were they ALWAYS hurt... but the benefit was so huge it was incredible... most important was to be very warmed up ... not just breaking a sweat but sweating, streched out and loose, its very easy to injure yourself because of the dynamic loading of the muscles

fit4life

I've been doing a plyo workout once a week from the P90X workout for the last six months. I know what you mean about sore, but the benefits are definitely worth it.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I too do a plyo workout 2x/wk over winter when time permits. Its great for balance & core body strenth. Riding a bike will not work your muscles out like a load bearing excersize.

lou_b_83

I've been doing a plyo workout once a week from the P90X workout for the last six months. I know what you mean about sore, but the benefits are definitely worth it.

I have been using P90X for about 2 weeks now. I am so addicted. I love to hate it.:getsome:

fit4life

Welcome to the club. I am getting ready to start to my second round on monday. Huge results. stick with it. It only gets better. Just keep hitting play.

Top Bottom