Please stop with the mascot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellenserruto

I adore the blow up doll and I am practically Marcia Brady. Its supposed to be FUN and I'm all about fun. . seeing that doll at today's race made me:)

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
I don't really care what you guys do cuz I kinow you are trying to have fun. But I must admit, I do think the mouth should be covered. Just cover it with a smiley sticker or something and then it she can't offend anyone. I have a really sick sense of humor and can joke with the best, but I do think that this can be offensive and better to be safe that get ourselves a bad name from those that are not really stating their negative feelings on the whole thing.

What she said.
Cut a red latex balloon into a Miss America smile and glue it to Shaniqua's face. Then nobody is offended, everyone is happy. Would I be offended by ET or a gorilla or Obama? Absolutely not. They're clearly innocuous.(Unless they have receptacles I'm unaware of.)

Was I offended by her? Not really, cause boys will be boys, but I do wonder the effect it could have on the reputation of MTBNJ. See, anyone who has been following the site is an insider to the joke and would be much less apt to be offended than the general public. But reputation is precious. It can take years to build and mere seconds to dismantle.

I did wonder how the ladies felt about it and I'm mildly surprised none bristled at the thought. I do think it would be more respectful to those ladies not to have a sex toy represent them.

Last edited:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
You guys have the wrong idea, what do you perverts think that hole is for? She's just making this face -->:eek:<--

-Jim.

PS-We could get a guy one too, maybe no one would get offended if she was in a relationship and realized none of us have a chance with her, then they wouldn't be jealous and all. Or we could ditch Shaniqua all together and get a sheep, who doesn't love sheep?

Last edited:

RogerRacer

give me a break

OMG some people need to get a grip .It's a blow up doll wearing a jersery & bike shorts what's so dirty about that .So it has a Mr bill mouth.I think people who don't like the doll .R blowing this way out of proportion.I think it 's funny as hell.People who think it's dirty R way to up tight & making something out of nothing.They should get there head out of the gutter for thinking that way. Come on now lets just have some fun .

Just my 2 cents from an xc racer from ny

RogerRacer

Better yet Ben & jim put a helmet on her & place a blow up guy doll around the finish.then you have a girl & guy.Oh i got a great idea every club should dress up a doll & place then in the woods at different spots along the race course.Now that would be funny.What every you guys do don't stop bring her.:D

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I think the guys who are offended by it might need to get their own (for home use of course) so they can come to the races a little less uptight:D

-Jim.

DownhillR3

When I saw the doll drive by in the car coming into Stewart, I think myself & everyone around me looked at eachother and went what the ....

:rofl:

I vote to keep it.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
I say she stays at the races. I like having our own personal cheering section on the trail. Untill a race promoter tells us no doll, we should keep putting it up. I'll take over for Ben if need be. I would also be offended if it was an Obama doll.

Shaggz

A strong 7
But this is the first (and then second) complaint I've heard about it.
Nimrod met some resistance by the "Concerned Long Island Mountain Bikers" for mentioning it on their board. On the flip side, she was showcased on WMBA without incident or protest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom