Please school me on Nassau Trail (High Bridge)

I'm getting up early and heading to Nassau Trail tomorrow morning. I'm pretty new on the MTB. When I rode at 6 mile a couple of weeks ago someone here was kind enough to "map" me out a route.

I'd appreciate any route and other tips you all could provide. I'm looking to ride 6-8 miles +/-. Thanks in advance.

PS - If anyone wants to meet me there it'd be great. I promise I won't breach proper social distancing rules by drafting or otherwise getting too close. :)

phillychris498

Welcome to the MTB community! Nassau is one of the best places in NJ to progress your bike handling. The trails are extremely well built and flowy, but there are good shorter sections of rocks and roots to put skills to the test.

You’ll drive up Nassau road and see a smaller parking lot on the right. You can park there, or drive further up Nassau road and park at a larger lot, also on the right. Going south east on Nassau road, theres a trail to the left and a network of trails to the right at the first parking lot. The left is springside: this is more developed with about 6 miles of trails in total and starts with a fairly long switchback climb. The right is the original Nassau trails, that have a more old school, skinny singletrack feel. Some of my favorites at Nassau are the Springside connector (that switchback climb), Rich Woods, Thatchers place, the Springside Second loop, Flat Lands, and Chips. All of the trails have a sign stating the name of the trail at the entrance, and there is a well made trail map you can take a picture of at the Kiosk in the parking lot.
Have fun! Post about your ride when you’re done tomorrow.

Top Bottom