Plea for fast sections

I feel like there is plenty of terrain to make an interesting trail on the south middlebush side. It feels to bland and boring over there. Besides being knee deep in mud that is :p

Walter,

I love your signature & I'm going to steal it for the cause.;)

The trails that border the farm fields are fast. Like Jdog said, keep riding them and you will get faster. My usual top speed at six mile is around 29mph avg speed around 9.5, so you can hit areas fast. I'm sure Jdog is way above my speeds.

Last edited:
My usual top speed at six mile is around 29mph avg speed around 9.5, so you can hit areas fast. I'm sure Jdog is way above my speeds.

I rode there tonight and I avg'd 10.5

Ill totally retract my statement, fast sections was not the right term cause the whole place is faster than your mom (not yours wobbegong) after two wine spritzers. Even though the super twisty part is not my favorite, it adds a tons of variety to the place. This place is hands down the best place is central and the trail main. is top notch. love those berms j!

Last edited:
Just 2 cents from the newb....STB222 I know where you are coming from...keep riding it you'll be amazed how 'fast' the twisty sections can become. I first started riding six mile this past winter, and at first, having not been on a bike much since my childhood days of racing BMX (35 now), I disliked the twisty sections for the same reasons you mentioned.

It seemed liek every time I got some speed up there for it to start to get fun, there was a sharp turn that made you scrub all the speed off. Recently have been riding a lot more, gotten to know the trail a bit, gotten to know the buike a bit, skills improving and have chased some really fast people through there. WHAT A BLAST!!!!! I cant believe speeds I can maintain now as compared to a few months ago, and how well it flows.

I guess I am saying that I can identify with your initial comment but these fast guys are right....twisty does not mean slow, it just means FUN!!:D

p.s. one last cent then I am broke. FOrm a newbie to the forum, someone who has been riding six mile several times a week since winter...THANK YOU to everyone who built and maintains these trails. They are AMAZING, and get better all the time. hte new section is AWESOME by the way

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions