Plattekill

dhsean

It's a little late but I will be heading to Plattekill tomorrow. It's opening weekend and it will be glorious. I will also be up there next weekend for the first race of the season. I'll be on a 2008 all White Turner DHR with Boxxer World Cup. If your there and you see me say "Hi".

Packing up the gear, drinking a beer and watching Earthed 5 to get psyched.

dhsean

Woohooo!

I quess I'll update my own thread here?

Left NJ Sunday morning in the rain to arrive at Plattekill in glorious sunshine. The trails were dry even though I got to ride on some snow out on one of the ski runs. The course is marked off for next weekends race and it is a Plattekill classic.

Fast flowy top section straight from the start. Half way down it drops you into the "gnar" - drops, shale chutes, off camber and then the famed "Hudson" drop. Then it finishes up with some nice flow and the huge Plattekill wall ride.

Plattekill is also offering $40 2 day lift tickets to help make the gas prices sting a little less. Get up there!

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
im gonna get knee/shin pads soon but do you suggest and do you need a full face.?.im def just a beginner so some of the gnar kill shit im not skilled for but other shit i will hit smaller stuff that is...id prob be doing diablo a bunch b4 i venture off into other places...

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
im gonna get knee/shin pads soon but do you suggest and do you need a full face.?.im def just a beginner so some of the gnar kill shit im not skilled for but other shit i will hit smaller stuff that is...id prob be doing diablo a bunch b4 i venture off into other places...

Full face is a good idea if you dont like the dentist or stitches. Knee/shin are also a great way to protect the legs. Alot of riders wear armor (mostly flax jackets & stuff) it is a real good idea if dont have a whole lot of exp, even seasoned pros will suit up in full armor. If your on a budget, rent the stuff or PM me, I have mucho shit laying around that a fellow MTBNJ cat can borrow.

It's kinda like:

Day pass: $30
Gas: $50
Not going to hospital: priceless.:eek:

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
hahahaah thanks dude...shin and knee pads and a full face i can get a good deal on from cousin at kims bikes in NB but the other stuff ill hit you up prob...thanks

NJMX835

Which one is the Hudson drop, the one that drops you onto the ski trail?

Also, what's the name of that sketch drop into the right hand turn with all the shale? (first drop you come to on the course)

Both courses are wicked fun, I'm stoked for this weekend!

dhsean

The Hudson drop is the one with the sketchy approach up onto the boulder that drops onto the fireroad. I'm not sure of the name of the drop before it with the 90 degree right hander and all the shale after it but that is tough section. Had my pantys up in a bunch my first run of the year down that section.

Probably shouldn't have done my first run of the year down the course. I was like :eek:

NJMX835

The Hudson drop is the one with the sketchy approach up onto the boulder that drops onto the fireroad. I'm not sure of the name of the drop before it with the 90 degree right hander and all the shale after it but that is tough section. Had my pantys up in a bunch my first run of the year down that section.

Probably shouldn't have done my first run of the year down the course. I was like :eek:

Don't feel bad, I went around that sh*t, to sketch for my untalented a$$, lol

Both courses are laid out nice though, should be alot of fun... and if it rains, even more fun! :rofl:

ellbiddy

I'm in I finally bit the bullet and picked up a bike going to try to make as many runs at new places as I can before season ends. We still good for Sunday at diablo?

sixseven

I'm in I finally bit the bullet and picked up a bike going to try to make as many runs at new places as I can before season ends. We still good for Sunday at diablo?

Way to go! What did you end up getting?
I'm going to Diablo Sunday. Probably going alone so I would be up for hitting a few runs with you all if thats cool.

Plattekill the following weekend is out for me, will have to wait til next season.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
The Platty site say they got 8-12" of snow yesterday. That'll be an interesting race. ;)

ellbiddy

Way to go! What did you end up getting?
I'm going to Diablo Sunday. Probably going alone so I would be up for hitting a few runs with you all if thats cool.

Plattekill the following weekend is out for me, will have to wait til next season.

I got a Giant DH comp (08 boxxer race, some hayes strokers, 50/50 pedals, xt rd) with mostly new parts for a killer deal $900. The only thing that might have to go is the rear shock but I'm eying a few DHX 5.0's on ebay, It's 9" eye to eye on the frame but I've read people sneaking away with 8.75 as the stroke length is the same just bottoms out a little higher up.
Pic:
pbpic2623787.jpg

And yeah I'd be more than happy to hit up a few (or more :getsome:) runs with you. I'm still n00bish so maybe I can pick up a thing or two ;)

Top Bottom