Pioneer 50" Plasma (PDP-5020FD) - $150 - SOLD

Mathers

Great set, I still have mine running.
I’d disagree and say these are better than the cheap pos you get for next to nothing.

Last edited:

ebarker9

I’d disagree and say these are better than the cheap pos you get for next to nothing.

Oh totally agree. The picture is definitely better than most of what's out there now, but not that many people would recognize that (or care).

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
Nope, $150 is correct (though I'll happily entertain higher offers!). It's a 10 year old TV that was $3500 originally, but when you can buy a giant 4k panel for next to nothing the value of older screens isn't that great. Still an excellent picture.

The pioneer Kuro was the best plasma display made, with Panasonic a not too far second place. Everything else was way behind.

You would be right. Most people though just want a huge screen and unnaturally bright colors.

OP, if your sale falls through put it up on avsforum where someone that knows what they’re getting will snatch it up.

ebarker9

The pioneer Kuro was the best plasma display made, with Panasonic a not too far second place. Everything else was way behind.

You would be right. Most people though just want a huge screen and unnaturally bright colors.

OP, if your sale falls through put it up on avsforum where someone that knows what they’re getting will snatch it up.

Yeah it's a great TV. The picture is just so natural looking.

Used to spend a lot of time on avsforum back in the day as well. I remember using some kind of break in executable with this screen downloaded from there that just displayed RGB over and over for like the first 48 hours to even out the color brightness levels.

Top Bottom