Pinkbike Login Attack email - be suspicious

iman29

Not sure if any of you got this email recently, but this sets off all kinds of red flags for me as a career IT person. Even if this is legit, they (Pinkbike) did a terrible job of explaining it and made the very email they want their customers to fix things with look like a phishing email itself.

I dont use Pinkbike or Trailforks enough to worry about this but be alert and aware and dont click any links that tell you " to protect your security bla bla click here.." Always go direct to the web site yourself and verify your account or change your password.

p.s. this email was in my Junk folder.

1675650339856.png

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I got it. Logged in, it sent the email message with a link that was legit as far as certificates were concerned.

I def did it with caution.
Cause of all the sensitive tf data I have access to. Riding the perimeter of picatinny arsenal, retired batteries in multiple states, etc.

🤘🏻😄

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I got the email too. Log in directly to both sites confirms it’s legit. I agree with @iman29 that the email was poorly done. The email itself should say to type the url into the browser.

It then directs you to change your password but doesn’t give instructions. Pretty not very well thought out.

The Kalmyk

Not sure if any of you got this email recently, but this sets off all kinds of red flags for me as a career IT person. Even if this is legit, they (Pinkbike) did a terrible job of explaining it and made the very email they want their customers to fix things with look like a phishing email itself.

I dont use Pinkbike or Trailforks enough to worry about this but be alert and aware and dont click any links that tell you " to protect your security bla bla click here.." Always go direct to the web site yourself and verify your account or change your password.

p.s. this email was in my Junk folder.

View attachment 206666

They need some Knowb4 training licenses, mfa and segg.😂😂

I am prolly way off base🤦🏼‍♂️

Top Bottom