Pinelands 40 (miles)

sandman

The rain is doing, what it's supposed to do, to the snow we got, for the ride were doing.
About 36 hours of this, should do the job.

krink

Eddie Munster
The rain is doing, what it's supposed to do, to the snow we got, for the ride were doing.
About 36 hours of this, should do the job.
That sounds like Haiku,
But its not, oh well, my bad
Maybe nextime though

WJF

Sandman - I'm out for Pinelands 40 tomorrow, keep posting your future rides, very interested in riding with you in the Pinelands.

carvegybe

Any advice for a Pinelands 40 newbie? Schwalbe Ralph/Ron or something more knobby? Higher or lower tire pressure? Flats or clipless? Also, what are you bringing for lunch between the loops? So many questions... and yes, I am overthinking it. It's all for the sake of enjoying the ride....

sandman

Any advice for a Pinelands 40 newbie? Schwalbe Ralph/Ron or something more knobby? Higher or lower tire pressure? Flats or clipless? Also, what are you bringing for lunch between the loops? So many questions... and yes, I am overthinking it. It's all for the sake of enjoying the ride....
I think I can only answer one question. Lunch for me is PB&J on oatbread. A second sandwich of cheddar & tomato. Snacks during the ride.
Tire pressure: Too high and you will bounce around. Too low and your rims are hitting the roots.
As far as newbie advice: Don't bring your high price stuff out. The trails are full of downed limps, log overs, overgrown branches, dips and water.
The sun will be out. Your bike will be wet. And no matter what anyone tells you, after a snow melt, two days of rain, 40~50 degree days. Five hours of 27degrees, will not keep the sand off of your bike.
So if I haven't talked you out of riding, you are in for a fun day. Long, but fun.

pibbles

I think I can only answer one question. Lunch for me is PB&J on oatbread. A second sandwich of cheddar & tomato. Snacks during the ride.
Tire pressure: Too high and you will bounce around. Too low and your rims are hitting the roots.
As far as newbie advice: Don't bring your high price stuff out. The trails are full of downed limps, log overs, overgrown branches, dips and water.
The sun will be out. Your bike will be wet. And no matter what anyone tells you, after a snow melt, two days of rain, 40~50 degree days. Five hours of 27degrees, will not keep the sand off of your bike.
So if I haven't talked you out of riding, you are in for a fun day. Long, but fun.
i'll be there if roads down my way dont ice up. hour and a half drive on clear roads.....

carvegybe

See you tomorrow then!

pibbles

Well, I managed Pinelands 20. Thanks for organizing, Sandman. It was s great ride!

I just realized I never actually sent the message that I had 2+ coming to the ride. Apologies.
Had some snow here last night, driveway and car were iced over and assumed roads were the same so didn't venture out. Was wondering if anyone is currently talking to Jim as that is the only measure I have ad to how good the ride was!

sandman

Had some snow here last night, driveway and car were iced over and assumed roads were the same so didn't venture out. Was wondering if anyone is currently talking to Jim as that is the only measure I have ad to how good the ride was!
Well, 4 riders couldn't wait to get back to the cars, then left. Leaving just Paul, Steve, and Rick. And they stopped talking to me years ago.

Last edited:

sandman

What's important is that they show up for ya!
Indeed! 273404674_10223813006286361_3678878698846969522_n.jpg

Top Bottom